HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ix5 trolling motor report

Post Thanks / Like

KOMOS,I STORE IT BOTH WAYS BUT IF I AM GOING TO PUT A COVER ON BOAT I STORE IT WITH PROP INSIDE BOAT,DON'T USE COVER MUCH WHEN AT HOME,HAVE BOAT SHED.AND I HAVE HAD TM TO MAKE EXTRA TURN ABOUT 4 OR 5 TIMES IN ABOUT A YEAR. DON'T KNOW WEATHER I WAS AT FAULT OR MOTOR,MANY TIMES I DO NOT SEAT IT WHEN IT GOES DOWN AND LET IT DO IT BY ITSELF,LAZY I GUESS, I WILL ASK DON G IF HIS HAS AND TO PUT IT ON HERE
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

Normally a TM is mounted with 4 bolts. There is no reason to use all 4 bolt holes to be able to position the motor as you want or need it. 3 bolts with washer and lock nuts is plenty enough to hold the TM properly. There is also no reason why a person could not relocate a 4th bolt position either. Some times when installing these things, the postion of the TM is the most important part. If your boat has certain things in your way, think outside the box a bit. 9 times out of 10 it's a no brainer for most.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

YOU ARE RIGHT CP,I USE 4 BOLTS IN SAME HOLES BUT MADE A BRACKET THAT WAS WIDER THAN THEY WERE AND MOUNTED THE BRACKET IN THOSE 4 HOLES AND MADE HOLES TO MOUNT TM ON BRACKET,NO NEW HOLES
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

No problems at all on my Xi5. Yes it sticks out a little but all do. Mine is on a 1248 jon.

Name:  Boat 34.jpg
Views: 1330
Size:  20.7 KB
    Name:  Boat 35.jpg
Views: 3905
Size:  43.0 KB
    Likes Crappie Reaper, IkenI LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kosmo View Post
    I also need my onix transducer mounted on the trolling motor, I'm not going to use the built in 2d transducer.Im going to use a coiled air hose and and mount it to the base of the slide mount.Thats the best that I can come up with for now, but I think I can get by with it mounted this way . it I'll kind of look like the coiled wire that's already used on the Xi5 , for power
    I found a coil of air hose in My garage today!!!! it could be a start of another project

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 1392
Size:  78.1 KBName:  005.jpg
Views: 1089
Size:  52.6 KB

This is how I done mine. Made the clamps to hold the air hose with the cable inside
    Corn Field Crappie Gear
    Member Podunk Ideas Pro Team
    Likes kosmo LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  004.jpg
Views: 1071
Size:  36.1 KB

Picture from motor end
    Corn Field Crappie Gear
    Likes kosmo LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice job Cajun. You must be a machinist.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cajun fryer View Post
    Name:  004.jpg
Views: 1071
Size:  36.1 KB

Picture from motor end
    Nice job Cajun, now all You have to do is market the brackets, so We can do the same!!! You mentioned before You are running hds 9" in front and back, and use the transum ducer for side scan and the troller ducer for down scan, My question is can You get side and down scan images on both hds units now? if so You definatly need to start selling a kit. I havent decided what to do about upgrading My FF'rs, I guess if I have ds and ss at the helm, I could run the troller with the remote at the helm till I find a desirable spot to fish them, then move up to the front and rely on my old 2d Lowrance elite 4, put that would be a lot of hopping around to do!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought all my stuff from BBG marine I told Brian what I was trying to do and he made it work

The console units has the LSS unit the bow unit is DI and 2D sonar. On the Touch 9 unit down in the corner I can tap (source) a button and see the console from the bow unit.
    But I have to leave the console unit on SI if I want to see SI on the front unit. And the SI comes from the back of the boat.

Working on a couple more projects. Going to build an adjustable rod rack form my 16'ers that you can lock the poles in this week.
    Corn Field Crappie Gear

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast