Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family vacation

Post Thanks / Like

Default Family vacation

Trying to plan a family vacation at Milford lake, acorns resort is a possibility, this summer. It's a midway point for our family to meet at. Would be upwards of 19 people, ages 67-4. Would be bringing a ski boat and a fishing boat.
    Is acorns a decent place? If we have foul weather, is their other stuff to do in manhattan, or junction city? I was stationed at ft Riley from '93-95, so I do not remember much about the area, or how it's changed.
    Drinkin coffee, missin fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Acorn is great and you can get two of their big lodges next to each other that will hold your whole clan. Lots of stuff to do in that area as well. Go to the Riley county convention and visitors website for details.
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We checked it out last year we were in the state park cabins I was told at the office the have covered boat docks and are close to Farnum boat ramp and fish cleaning stations.

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed in the lodge and it was nice. If you are wanting to get a cabin you better get online and check availability. I know they fill up fast!
    "My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am" -- unknown

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest thing I can think of with milford is the last couple of years it has been under blue green algae advisors/warnings most of the summer which might put a hamper on your water contact fun. Fishing isn't normally affected, but under an advisory they suggest not coming in contact with the water and under a warning they do not permit it. Depending on when your coming it may not be an issue for you though and milford has some real good fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

On a foul weather day, you could take a short drive to Abilene. Eisenhower and Grayhound museum. Chicken dinner at Brookville Hotel is a must.
    Likes Ronald Meeder, slabby joe LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all for your responses!

Post Thanks / Like

_Ozark 88_, you where right! Acorns is booked, last week already! They said they hope to have some more cabins built by Memorial Day. Ive talked to flagstoprv park, and the state park, they have cabins also. Is their anywhere else on the lake that has cabins? Or houses for rent?
    The headcount is down to 13, might loose one more.
    It is for the 7.31 weekend.
    Drakewoodie, As for the blue green algae, I've contacted acorns - flagstop - state park, what I've gathered is just move to a different part of the lake for watersports. ie, get away from the affected area. The state website makes it sound like the lake gets shutdown completely.
    Is their still a good wiper/smallmouth population? I miss those smallies!
    Drinkin coffee, missin fish.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO Milford is the best Wiper fishery in the state. Smallies are good also. Walleye can be very good with lots of large fish also. I think the white bass have declined a bit the last couple of years. Lake Blue cat pop has really improved. Lake been changing a bit with the zebras now really established. Definitely one of my favorite Kansas lakes to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Milford is an awesome wiper and smallie fishery, good walleye and blue cats too. My dad and I make a trip out there almost every spring to fish together for a weekend, always a good time. You can go out there and throw a 3" power minnow on an 1/8oz jighead and catch 10 different kinds of fish by the end of the day, which my old man just loves doing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast