Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on fishing etiqutte..

Post Thanks / Like

i feel for you, we all been there. its bs total bs. its the way our society is headed, to the toilet!!!!!!!!! also weather they are in the tourney or not is irrelevant. everyone gets treated the same no matter what. while im on the tourney subject i have seen a lot of disrespectful d-bags doing that too. i have had them pull up and think they own a spot just because they are in a tourney. i wont run away i stay and badger and insult them. they started it i finish it. lol anyone that disagrees with me is more than welcome to step into my castle/boat. if you whimper away they win and it will just get worse.

you can always drop anchor and pound the crap out of the cover to run the fish off too.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I would have snagged a line, pulled it up, cut it, took there tackle got my markers up spun my boat around and trimmed the motor up and roughed up the water a bit so they couldn't fish it.
    Blakemore/Roadrunner pro staff
    Southern Pro Tackle/ Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Rodholders
    Ranger Boats

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Might not have said anything but my look would have said it for me. No sense in being like that. Stupid people doing stupid things.

Post Thanks / Like

My problem is that I am too nice. I like seeing people catch fish. If I am on a hot spot I have invited people over to enjoy it with me thinking that people are as respectful as I am. The next thing you know they are there every day until it is fished out. My grandpa always told me not to give out my fishing spots. This stuff must have been an issue back in his day also. There just wasn't as many people on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

It's tough to swallow, that's for sure. I've found that if you expect anyone to act cordial, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. When I use a marker buoy, I make sure it's only a reference point, not actually marking something. Also, paint them black, it will help.

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I still carry 4 marker bouys, but never use them. I totally rely on the gps to keep me where I want to be and works for me. Even trolling and long lining,,gps is my go to item as its dead on for tracking and marking spots. Last week,,long lined a total of 9.9 miles on batteries from data gps provides me with over 8 hrs of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

River Scum said "while im on the tourney subject i have seen a lot of disrespectful d-bags doing that too. i have had them pull up and think they own a spot just because they are in a tourney. i wont run away i stay and badger and insult them. "

That's been my experience too. I've had my little hot spot run over with bassers tourney fishing. They act like they own the lakes and ramps.

Most guys who are just fishing for fun seem pretty polite and respectful...except for my buddies in my boat. If I get a fish, they will cast right where I'm fishing...

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of real first class jerks out there. Now for the other side. Big motor wouldn't start while on the lake Friday and trolling batteries died while trying to get it. Waved to a man and his young son and they came over and towed us in. If you are on here thanks again.
    Got the motor problem fixed and new batteries so good to go again.
    Likes filletfetish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

One day I'll retire and fish only on weekdays
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Been retired 6 years and try to only go weekdays, Went to Monroe yesterday and from cutrite to crooked creek only saw 3 other boats 2 mushroon hunters and one crappie fishing.Talk about nice, Days like that doesnt matter if you catch a limit or zero just nice being on water...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast