Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Irritated by Lurkers!

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't post a lot on here but the folks who know me know that I share info with other folks a lot. I don't steal other folks fishing holes. I either find my own or create them. The Coosa River Crappie Club was started with the idea that the tournament fishermen in our club would share their knowledge with others who may not know as much as they do. I am disappointed that most of our club members do not seem too willing to share their info with others. I have helped several folks get started in spider rigging and other ways to find and catch fish and I find it rewarding to share what little I know so that others may enjoy it too. The last time I fished there was a guide who saw me catch a couple of fish and came over and asked what color jigs I was using and I told him without hesitation. Most of the time I am too embarrassed to post what I catch because you other guys make me look so bad. Thanks guys for sharing what you are doing so that others can read and enjoy even if they can't get out and fish.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us
    Likes eric 3501, CrappieFlopper LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I love this site and I enjoy the fishing stories, reports and the pics.I have fished the same spots my granddad and my dad fished, and to this day they still produce fish.Being a good fisherman is finding the fish! I always loved the hunt.

Post Thanks / Like

alabamaal I guess I am not a good fisherman then lol. I can never find them anymore. I will say though if I find them I can hang with the best of them usually. I have fished areas where many people caught little to nothing and I would load up on them. I think I am a good fisherman, just not a good finder lol. I have found a few holes on my own over the years, but it seems to be getting harder nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by alabamaal View Post
    I love this site and I enjoy the fishing stories, reports and the pics.I have fished the same spots my granddad and my dad fished, and to this day they still produce fish.Being a good fisherman is finding the fish! I always loved the hunt.

Post Thanks / Like

LarryDavid is a good guy. He tried to give me info on where to find some crappie, but his directions were so high tech for me I could not find the place lol, or maybe I am just bad with directions. It is fairly easy to locate the bream and if you need help finding them in the areas I fish I will help you. I have not seen LD post in a while

Post Thanks / Like

Keep posting, most of the lurkers that follow you around can't catch a fish anyway. I've learned to have fun with it and post where I just fished, not where I'm fishing tomorrow, LOL. I've only had one really bad experience. I'm in a kayak and I had a guy in a big Bass boat that kept cutting me off. Believe it or not, every time I started paddling to the next visible laydown the guy would crank up his big motor and beat me to it. I even turn around to back track over "old" water at one point and he turn and raced ahead of me anyway.

I just laughed it off. I told him I was going to beaverdam creek and he was welcome to follow. The entrance to Beaverdam creek at the time was 6 inches deep. I never saw him catch a fish, I ended the day with a limit.
    Likes wahanlin LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

There are quite a few buttholes that fish down around Limestone. I was tied off to a laydown in the creek channel there last year and this dude and his chick came up from the river in a big white center console boat and plowed a big wake as they went through. Then trolling by he was casting to all the laydowns and even chunked a few casts to the laydown I was tied to! I'm talking his lure hit the water probably 8 feet away from me. I looked at him and threw my arms up like "what the crap?!" and he muttered to his girl "let's go, nothings biting up in here" and then roared down the channel leaving all the boats bobbing in the water like buoys.

I don't post much on here, to be honest, I haven't been fishing much this winter and the water conditions and weather have been crap the times I could go. I'm no lurker though, I've at least met a couple of guys out there that are on this board.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't guess I catch enough fish... Never noticed anyone following me down the road to a fishing spot...
    Likes clfarms1, GWDawg1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Im telling my wife that tonight so I can get a new truck.

Post Thanks / Like

Preach, that's why I'm strictly a reader now instead of poster! Just wanted to chime in on this topic.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clfarms1 View Post
    Im telling my wife that tonight so I can get a new truck.
    you might end up with a new wife too lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast