Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New Cajun Fryer

Post Thanks / Like

Never had a compliant on the taste or anything when we leave the oil in.. We use peanut oil to and it last a good while for us

Post Thanks / Like

I'm weird and just can't leave the oil in it, so I drain it and clean it up. Will add that a toilet brush (dedicated to fryer use only, lol) works great for cleaning under the burner tube. My only complaint is the groove around the inside of the thermometer, as the breading tends to accumulate there and is a little tricky to get out, but otherwise very easy to clean. I get a bit goofy over cleaning cooking stuff up, so most probably don't even notice, just had to figure out where that old breading was coming from when I dumped the oil back in it.
    Likes arkcrappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Cajun Fryer

Quote Originally Posted by hawgdog View Post
    Yes it does, but i cant find anything that says it would hurt the peanut oil... Hasnt affected the taste yet
    I used mine on New Years day, and the oil was thick because of the cold weather. When it got hot, it looked normal and tasted the same as always. I had strained the oil, and cleaned the cooker the time before that, and just put the strained oil back in and added back what I'd lost (bout 1/2 gal, most of which I wasted getting the breading out from under the burner) with new oil. Mine stays outside covered with two grill covers. I cooked for 4-6 people 6-8 times last summer and fall before I strained my oil.

The main reason I leave the oil in mine is to keep it from rusting after cleaning it out.
    Last edited by BigRiverMarine; 01-28-2014 at 08:28 AM.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

HMMMM....I too drain my oil and clean cooker after use, but looking at all the posts...Maybe I should just leave it in until it gets 90 degrees outside....I'd use mine more if I could just light it up and cook! We have one at the duck club and my buddy leaves the oil in it there...But they seldom clean anything up!!!! I'm a little leary of ant's and bugs getting into it...but hey...Crunchies like long john silver's JACK>>>> OMG...I'm sick....
    Crappiedaze guide service pro staff, Jiffy Jig pro staff
    Seapro 19v CC, Lowrance Gen 2 touch, Driftmaster holders
    LIGHT WIRE HOOKS JUNKIE!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by golfprocrappieman View Post
    HMMMM....I too drain my oil and clean cooker after use, but looking at all the posts...Maybe I should just leave it in until it gets 90 degrees outside....I'd use mine more if I could just light it up and cook! We have one at the duck club and my buddy leaves the oil in it there...But they seldom clean anything up!!!! I'm a little leary of ant's and bugs getting into it...but hey...Crunchies like long john silver's JACK>>>> OMG...I'm sick....
    I left the oil in my cooker all summer without any ill effects. Never got any critters in my oil either. If by chance I did, they must have settled in the bottom with the breading crumbs. They tasted like peanut oil too!! :-)
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

Hot grease will kill anything lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbowhunter View Post
    I am gonna try that rice oil next. I got a couple gallons to try out.
    I got some of this last summer. Its great stuff! It won't scortch as easy and others due to the higher smoke point... I guess if you have one of these fancy fryers it don't matter though. With my poor boy cooker, it does matter.

You Can Make a Difference!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRiverMarine View Post
    I left the oil in my cooker all summer without any ill effects. Never got any critters in my oil either. If by chance I did, they must have settled in the bottom with the breading crumbs. They tasted like peanut oil too!! :-)
    Yep...Trust me ..At the NE Arkansas Duck camp...I was looking for floating MIKLE MOUSES IN THAT THAR OIL!!!!....mouse free...I think!!! Tasty catfish, hushpuppies and fries anyway!!!
    Crappiedaze guide service pro staff, Jiffy Jig pro staff
    Seapro 19v CC, Lowrance Gen 2 touch, Driftmaster holders
    LIGHT WIRE HOOKS JUNKIE!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I only take my oil out in the summer. Just a personal preference. Just have to coat it good with a cooking spray.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Slipcork , better make the drive and catch a few up here this year. Bring your cooker and demonstrate it.

I got you a venison recipie. Cut loin into bite sized chunks, soiak in Italian dressing , drain , roll in flour , then deep fry. I like to dip it in Barbaque Sauce or Ranch dressing while eating it.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast