Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ky crappie clubs

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with chucky except for the pole limit I am wondering y one man in one boat should not be allowed to use the same amount of poles as 2 people in one boat if he pd the same entry fee. Just wondering. Don't really matter to me .

Post Thanks / Like

any ramp as long as fee paid
    payback 1-5 boats 100% 6-10 60% 40% 11-up 50% 30% 20%
    big fish separate
    late-disqualified
    2per boat 3 if one under 16
    7 fish limit
    8 poles 2 hooks per pole per boat regardless of number of fisherman entry fee is same
    fee $30 or $40 big fish $10 per boat regardless of number of fisherman
    size whatever lake limit is with 9" being the shortest for lakes with no size limit

We could have a on line vote for lakes, and ramps.
    The only thing better than a day of fishing.Is a week of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Last year Cumberland was at pumpkin creek. Over half the boats caught no fish. Everyone was saying they would not fish that end of lake again. First tournament for 2014 is at Cumberland beaver creek same end of lake. Why would you fish where no one wants to fish and over half caught no fish? Classic on Taylorsville again with 2 of the top lakes in the country near by Why wouldn't you fish green,cumberland, or even Barren for your classic? All the reports say fish other end of lake.
    Quote Originally Posted by slabeye View Post
    pappy crappie usa a person can launch at any ramp on lake at any time. as long as you dont start fishing until whatever time is set. they have never done any livewell check or check of any kind. this is the trust system i was talking about in any earlier post. and most people that has fished bass tourney and a few others dont like launching at any ramp.

what ever rule is set is ok with me. but that one needs to be address from the start

the reason i was told why they changed that rule (ckca) was they was afraid someone might cheat and some of the others as well and that was fine. BUT david and ricky picked every ramp the tourney started from, no votes. the thing that really got me was>>>>>I ask why that ramp and not a different one and the response i got was the only place they knew where to fish was around the ramp that they chose. so rather very starting a fuss i stop fishing the tourneys.
    The only thing better than a day of fishing.Is a week of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep hammering it out guys. We started West TN Crappie Club in 2010 and it's still a work in progress. Everyone had a part in setting up and voting on the rules at the very beginning, and we review them at the end of every year to see what worked well and what didn't, then we make changes. It's definitely NOT about the money in our small club. It's about having a good time, fellowship and getting out of your comfort zone to fish some different water. It's a lot of work getting the initial organization up and running, but it's worth it.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!
    Likes ShilohRed LIKED above post

slabeye is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree ccollins i think it would not be fair for the single boater only be able to use 4 poles and the 2 person team use 8 poles. if you have a 8 pole per BOAT limit. the single boater can use the same number of poles.

well how did david and ricky do in those tourneys?? high bridge hooker. the answer to your question maybe found in the answer to may question.....

chucky is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ccollins View Post
    I agree with chucky except for the pole limit I am wondering y one man in one boat should not be allowed to use the same amount of poles as 2 people in one boat if he pd the same entry fee. Just wondering. Don't really matter to me .
    The reason is to protect the fish as well as the fisherman. They figure that each team member can watch 4 poles comfortable. Lets say you were by yourself, using 8 poles and you get a fish on two of them. You get them in the boat and your back there gettting them off, checking lenght or putting them in the livewell. You still have 6 poles in the water instead of two. While you are back there you have another go down, so, out of fear of it being a slab, you leave the two flopping in the boat to attend to the other. The longer they are out of water the more stress is put on them. OK, now, same set up, another gos down but instead of getting it you finish putting the othere in the livewell before going and getting the one that is down. Well because it took to long to get him he has now swallowed the hook. Its a 1 1/2 lb fish. Now at towards the end of the day you start to have fish start dieing and wandering why. Long story short, its better watching 4 poles and safely dealing with your fish in a proper manner than eight to make sure you get them to the weigh in alive and healthy. Cause if you show up to a weigh in with dead fish they will disqualify you. Now just regular fishing and you plan on taking them home is different. Sorry for the long reason, figured i should explain my answer and its just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't chimed in yet but believe CUSA rules this first year and if we need to modify them in any way we'll do it before the next year. I think all we need to work out is the payout scale,entry fee amount and a schedule of tournaments and weight in locations, I also think big fish needs to be seperate and optional. I think 30 or 40 for entry plus big fish and wouldn't be opposed to a one pole tournament or a one fish tournament. Don't think they all need to be one pole or one fish but think it would be fun to have a couple of special circumstance tournaments.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I see we've added a # of hooks/baits per line rule to the mix. No objections from me, on that one.

Optional Big Fish pot @ $10/boat seems to be popular. And it would probably be best on a "per boat" basis, rather than a "per person" basis, so that the biggest fish caught wouldn't have to be kept track of ... as to which angler caught it (if only one team member paid). The downside to "$10 per boat" would be for someone fishing alone.

The "launch ramp" question still seems to be a question that we need to discuss further. Maybe even take a poll vote, later on when we have more participants in this discussion.

Kill switch rule doesn't affect me ... one way or the other. It's a safety factor, not a legal issue.

I like the 10 fish/boat rule, myself ... but would go along with whatever number is voted in.

Late weigh-in = disqualification seems harsh, but fair. Question I have on that is ... would the team have to appear at the weigh-in ramp, in their boat, rather than by vehicle (considering those that launched from another ramp) ??

Keep the suggestions coming, and voice your concerns !!

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Well I guess I'll chime in too. I'm thinking $40 entry fee and $10 big fish optional. 7 fish limit and 8 pole BOAT limit. Also as far as launching we do need to figure out a way to pay ahead of time... The rules are you can't start fishing early, but what if your late...traffic..flat tire ECT. You need to be able to pay entry or figure out some type of honor system. As for the kill switches, I could be wrong but I don't think it's a ky state law, at least I've never been asked about it. As far as launching the reason CUSA lets people launch from anywhere is simple. Just because you have a jonboat with a 5 horse motor and want to fish a crappie tourney doesn't mean you should have a disadvantage because someone else has a 20ft. Boat with a 250. Lets not forget crappie fishing is a family sport for all walks of people.I think crappiemasters has a 10 horse min.And as far as me hating anyone....its not true, I just get a little anxious around celebrities and people with large closets and so many nice shirts....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chucky View Post
    The reason is to protect the fish as well as the fisherman. They figure that each team member can watch 4 poles comfortable. Lets say you were by yourself, using 8 poles and you get a fish on two of them. You get them in the boat and your back there gettting them off, checking lenght or putting them in the livewell. You still have 6 poles in the water instead of two. While you are back there you have another go down, so, out of fear of it being a slab, you leave the two flopping in the boat to attend to the other. The longer they are out of water the more stress is put on them. OK, now, same set up, another gos down but instead of getting it you finish putting the othere in the livewell before going and getting the one that is down. Well because it took to long to get him he has now swallowed the hook. Its a 1 1/2 lb fish. Now at towards the end of the day you start to have fish start dieing and wandering why. Long story short, its better watching 4 poles and safely dealing with your fish in a proper manner than eight to make sure you get them to the weigh in alive and healthy. Cause if you show up to a weigh in with dead fish they will disqualify you. Now just regular fishing and you plan on taking them home is different. Sorry for the long reason, figured i should explain my answer and its just my opinion.
    I run 10 14's off the front and have been spider rig'n long enough to know how to handle that many. Heck half the time when I'm fish'n with a partner I grab their rod if they don't notice the hit.

Limiting the singe man in a boat to 4 poles would put him at a disadvantage.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast