Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What a dismal day

Post Thanks / Like

Default What a dismal day

I am fed up with this weather.....I want to fish
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser

Post Thanks / Like

About every twenty years this type of weather shows up in this part of the country. It's all due to the jet stream, and that controls the winter/spring weather patterns. The jet stream is about 620 miles south of it's normal location for this time of the year. It's hangs right along the southern Colorado...North Texas boundaries, and should be in southern Idaho... and northern Iowa boundaries. We call this "poor crop planting" weather, and with this weather to last for another six weeks or more, frost will be known till May 15th. for this area.

This type of weather conditions effects the fishing as much as it does the planting season. Fish will not spawn due to the on/off cool conditions, and will absorb their roe, meaning three years from now the numbers of fish will be poor.

Just one of those years in life of a fisherman.
    Last edited by bacrappie; 04-11-2008 at 07:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. I went out for two hours today, and it sucked big time. I managed to catch one little dink before I got tired of fighting the wind and said, "screw it". The forecast for next week looks great, and I can't wait. Last week was like purgatory...
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D