Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Which rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which rod

Have decided to get me some 14 foot rods. About decided on southern crappie rods. Do I get the heavy series or original ones. Spider rig with 3/8 to 1 ounce double jig rigs and am looking at pushing cranks this year. Are the T series sensitive enough with lighter weight rigs?

Post Thanks / Like

Southern Crappie heavy trolling rods.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

With the 143T you will be able to do it all. They are sensitive enough to rigg with and will push 2 oz fine. My 143 are for 1/2 oz weight and are great up to 1 oz but not good for pushing heavier weight with cranks. Fantastic rods.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cray View Post
    With the 143T you will be able to do it all. They are sensitive enough to rigg with and will push 2 oz fine. My 143 are for 1/2 oz weight and are great up to 1 oz but not good for pushing heavier weight with cranks. Fantastic rods.

Post Thanks / Like

I love mine, I use the heavy ones with 1-2oz weights for pushing and spider rigging.

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard good things about the Southern Crappie rods but I have no personal experience. I can give a thumbs up for the Ozark 14' Signature Series Tony Edgar Trolling Rods. I run anywhere from 3/8 - 1oz with no issue. Very sensitive tip. I don't carry a net...lifted a 4lb cat in the boat last weekend...never a concern. Everharts Sporting Goods in Clinton, MO currently has them listed at $39.99 on their website.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought 2 of the regular SCR 14', but I use them for long-lining on my two outside rod holders.
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."

Post Thanks / Like

Well just pulled the trigger on 4 14-3T rods for playing off the front. And a 16-3T for pulling off the side with my other 2 rods. Should do everything that I do in my boat. Moving up from some standard 12-2 pinnacle that have boated a pile of fish. Keeping them for someone to rig off the back of the boat while two of us rig off the front.