Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: It was like the Movie Killer Bees

Post Thanks / Like

Default It was like the Movie Killer Bees

As me and my Son (who is on the Fire Dept. with me) were coming back into town today from working on the tractor, we heard on the radio that our City guys were getting attacked by bees and one was down. We rushed to our Fire Station and got our bee suits and were putting them on while en route to the scene. Meanwhile, one of the City Employees drove up to where the guy was and thru him in the truck and took off to the City Hall to meet with emergency pesonnel. When they got him there he was going into anaphylactic shock. They gave him addrennalin and they made it to the Hospital (30 miles away) with him and last we heard he was going to be ok. When we got almost a block away from the scene, the bees started hitting me and my Son in the back of our grass rig while we were still putting on our bee suits. I had the driver get the heck out of there. After suiting up, me and my Son got on foot to kill the lawnmower and the city trucks that were abandoned. We then walked and looked for where the main hive was. We were getting attacked by bees the whole time. We finally found the hive but it is in where the main power goes into a building so we have blocked off a city block and arent letting anyone in there (Mostly abandoned buildings) until the bees settle down and the power company cuts the power to the building and we can get up there and kill them.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Makes me git the willies, man.
    I believe when I was in TX I was lookin up fire ant killer stuff and Africanized bees were just progressing up from the middle coast inland. There were so many remedies at the time to combat fire ants but the best if you were a home-owner or gardening on rented
    land was boiling hot water poured directly on the mound.
    I have been here on the east coast of Virginia as a transplant for 7 yrs now and spent 11 yrs in Katy, Tx, just west of Houston.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You two are brave men. I'm allergic....so I RUN at first sight.:o Glad the guy is gonna be alright. Enough bee stings is a killer.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of bees are they???
    Blake

Post Thanks / Like

Default They bee pizzed-off bees donchaknow.

Quote Originally Posted by bc1448 View Post
    What kind of bees are they???
    Blake
    Makes you appreciate the good days, fer sur.

aj

Post Thanks / Like

Father of 4:

All in a day's work? It's not everyone that has bee suits at the ready.

I just KNOW the neighbors were happy to see you guys arriving. Thanks for relaying such an exciting story.

aj

Post Thanks / Like

Man that's scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

We are pretty sure they were killer bees. We will have to send them to Texas A&M when we kill them. We have already had several confirmed cases of the Africanized bees in Cottle County. Before we got the bee suits, we were getting in full bunker gear, taping our sleeves to our gloves, our pants legs to our boots and in scba. This all in the middle of Summer time. Talking about HOT.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911