Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maple Leaf

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maple Leaf

Anyone have any reports for Maple leaf, Hazel Hill or Blind Pony? Been wanting to hit up some of the local lakes but not sure where to start?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie's r us View Post
    Anyone have any reports for Maple leaf, Hazel Hill or Blind Pony? Been wanting to hit up some of the local lakes but not sure where to start?
    went out to maple leaf friday...only managed one conservation i believe treated it for algae bout a week ago. the water look's horrible with all kind's of crap floating on top. gonna give it a couple week's to settle down.
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I heard that, was algea a big problem out there?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER View Post
    went out to maple leaf friday...only managed one conservation i believe treated it for algae bout a week ago. the water look's horrible with all kind's of crap floating on top. gonna give it a couple week's to settle down.
    Jeffie, it's about time to go catch some of those big bucketmouths. Bring your top water baits. Any morning is good for me.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwillaub View Post
    Jeffie, it's about time to go catch some of those big bucketmouths. Bring your top water baits. Any morning is good for me.
    that sound's good to me billy bob. would love too. i will give you a shout, been awfully exhausted the last couple day's. think i'm pushing myself on my treatment week's a little to much. doc say's i need to listen to my body. could'nt even finish cutting my front lawn this a.m. i'm gonna rest up for a day or two and i will give you a call buddy!
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER View Post
    that sound's good to me billy bob. would love too. i will give you a shout, been awfully exhausted the last couple day's. think i'm pushing myself on my treatment week's a little to much. doc say's i need to listen to my body. could'nt even finish cutting my front lawn this a.m. i'm gonna rest up for a day or two and i will give you a call buddy!
    Okey dokey.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to bank fish Mapleleaf a few days ago and it was so mossy that I gave up after about 1/2 hr. even with wadders on I couldn't get past the gunk, frustrating.
    I heard from someone fishing here in town that people were catching crappie at Blind Pony so I went out alone and tried but the wind was too much to keep a boat sitting still around the trees so no luck for me there.
    I don't know where Hazel Hill is though would like to know, always looking for local fishing holes.
    Q
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Hazel Hill is a MDC lake just north of W'burg off of 13HWY. Just follow the signs. I've caught some nice bass out there but only small crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

If Blind Pony has anything it is wind. I've never been there when it isn't blowing.

Post Thanks / Like

I did catch some nice bass a few years ago in blind pony before they closed the lake and did whatever the MDC did for 2 or 3 years when the lake was closed to the public.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast