Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Blake's Fishing Clinic

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jerry Blake's Fishing Clinic

Well gents, Jerry did it to me AGAIN, lol. He does put on a pretty good fishing clinic. Excellent at keeping one humble and teaches a few things each time we're out.

Caught a total of 20 nice crappie this morning. It's causing us to really get an itch for the Fall Feeding Frenzy.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Jerry must hold his mouth different or sompin'. Looks like y'all had fun!
    Come to think of it.... Ever fished out of the wrong side/end of the boat while yer partner catches all the gooduns? THAT is when I play like I don't know what I'm doing and put my stuff RIGHT next to theirs! :D
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Bet he spits on his bait when you ain't lookin.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

I cant wait to go fishing with you guys. I just wish the money tree in my back yard would start producing so I can go.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys could pass for brothers, I see the similarities.

Post Thanks / Like

You should see them in person. They act like brothers too. LOL Good job Jerry!!
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Hey:

It was nice to just get out and fish today instead of "working". Those two in the pic were a "double" and I was sure glad that 16-incher took my jig instead of Darryl's!

They were biting pretty good for a while and I think we caught about the same on numbers but I did notice most of mine were going in the box and most of Darryl's were going back. For a while ole Jim - fishing in the back - was putting the hurt on both of us.

Here's Jim with our keepers:

A guy gave us the catfish - it was the only fish he'd caught on some jugs he had out overnight and he didn't want to clean it.

I'm back to "work" tomorrow.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate to get stuck on the end of the boat that has the smaller fish... You should swap places some time. Give him a chance Jerry..
    When you say back to work....lol... The only difference I see in my trips is after some I get paid. But all the trips are just as much fun. Hard for me to call it work. Yet.. I don't have trips everyday or week for that matter. Guess it could get like work day in and day out but your office is great. Keep up the good work guys.
    Last edited by FalconSmitty; 09-06-2005 at 10:17 PM.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Smitty:

I still enjoy guiding but I don't fish much at all when I have paying customers so it's more fun going fishing with a couple friends that don't need any instructions and just fish. Instead of explaining how to catch fish with my set-up I just show them!

With shorter days and slightly lower water temps the cappie are starting to act like they may be getting in the mood for the Fall Feeding Frenzy. Both yesterday and today we had several that hit hard and took off like a scalded dog. As long as the nights stay cool and the surface temps hold or fall slightly they should keep cooperating pretty well.

Here are the keepers from today:

FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jerry, Have you been catching most of your fish in the morning? Every trip Ive had in the past two months have been half day evening or morning trips. I'm wondering if the'll bite well in the heat of the day, I have an 8 hour trip tommorow. We have been catching the tar out of surfacing whites up here in the morning as well as crappie early between 6 and 11 or so. You are right though, the fish are hitting the bait a little harder than they were a week ago! Water temp is 82 here.
    Those catfish are plentiful while fishing deep, huh! I'd assume throw them bacK!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast