Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michiana Update

Post Thanks / Like

Default Michiana Update

I usually start night fishing for specks in late august.I have always been able to roust out a mess in the past.Last sat nite, a got a wopping 1. (it was the smallest one I ever hooked.)We went last night and got skunked! I can only assume with the hot summer that the lake turnover is starting.(I think that it must happen earlier and this year it is later.)We will go again tonight about 11pm and try another spot.Any one having luck at night yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Same here. went to Bass lake last week Sat. got skunked. When out last night on the St. Joe caught 1 Bullhead. Might head out to Lawrence Lake late this afternoon and see if its still fishless LOL

Post Thanks / Like

OK there are fish in Lawrence Lake :D
    Last night we got these for Keepers: 2 crappie, 4 red ears 10 Blue gills
    Thru back quiet a few red ears, gills, and 4 turtles and my daughter's little bull head

Post Thanks / Like

can you get a boat under the road to Meyers Lake from Lawerence Lake or is the water to low?

Post Thanks / Like

Rappala,
    I have a 17 ft. aluminim sea nymph w/ a 35 hp Johnson on it and i never had much of a problem getting through there. Except when the water was low, I would have to pull the outboard up and use my electric. Or, when the resident beaver decided to dam up the passageway, it was a little tight!! Haven't been out there in a while, though, so I really couldn't tell ya. Ikaras1 would be able to give you some more recent input.

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday it was really low. You could see alot of the weed beds on Lawrence. I have a short shaft on a 14ft trihull and i decided not to try it. I went out a few weeks before and i was kicking up quiet a bit of mud under there. Even hit the prop on something but no damage was done. But the good thing is they cut back quiet a bit of the pad on the myers side. It made it much easier to get the boat thru without out all the winding thru the pads. I might try to get out saturday day again.

Post Thanks / Like

Went out at dark. Started hitting after a half hour. Action slow. Could see em down 3-5 ft and we caught em at 7-9.They are curious but not hungry. Got 9 keepers . Got to watch a buddy get a 15 incher to boat and blow it. he became sad.

Post Thanks / Like

Were did you go?

Post Thanks / Like

I have been on chain-o-lakes west of South Bend. Next week we will head to Maxxie.Went out late last night an got 1 keeper and 6 dinks. I guess I am still early. muddy

Post Thanks / Like

Yea we went out the last night and got nothing but dinks. Hopefully we get some rain later this week and it cools off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast