Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: well baller and i only managed 7!

Post Thanks / Like

Default well baller and i only managed 7!

can you believe that, 7 freak'n crappie! from 2.0 lb's to 2.2 lb's.:D man what a day! we kept 33 crappie, all 12 inche's or better. our best 7 weighed 14.7 pound's. threw back some of the smaller one's. baller had 4 crappie 2 lb's or more and i had 3. the other 26 were big one's too. few 1 1/2 lb's. water was 18 feet high, muddy as all get out...not even fishable had to put in at the road going down to mann's cove boat ramp. but has'nt been the first time. we started shallow, that was our plan and then work out deep, my very first dip by a tree that should of been about 50 yard's out of the water, wham! got it to the surface and gone. but that got us pumped... worked the shallow's for a couple of hour's think managed 5, all 12 inch male's...we thought well let's go see what this timber out in the middle is like, ed dipped the tree and wham pulled up a 2 pounder. so needless to say we started dip'n timber. no certain pattern whatsoever. but what we did finally figure out after a couple of hour's if they did'nt hit it on the first drop then move on to the next tree. i'm not sure if anyone has been on the lake when it's that high, (as you should'nt be cuz it's not fishable) there is still PLENTY of visible timber to last you a weekend or better. we caught them anywhere from 2 feet to 6 feet down in 25-30 feet of water. could'nt get anything when we tried deeper. only one crappie per tree, that's it, period, catch a crappie and move on. it took us a couple hour's to figure that too:o. they wanted it on the drop, had every type of bite. a few tic tic tug's, some hard thump's, some your line just slacked, some just pulled it straight down, and some just would suck it in and you had to wait til your line started to move...man it was awesome, wasn't fast and furious by any mean's but was well worth the wait and the weight:D, anticipating that next hawg. the one's we caught out deep on tree's were ALL spawned out female's, every one of them. oh and color did'nt matter, we tried everything, if there was a fish on the tree it hit it and quick. i was using 3 inch slab slayer's most the day. the bite really got slow after we found some shade and ate a sandwhich at 1:00...we managed a few after that about every 20th tree we hit. we were thinking they did something with the gate's, and sure as s&$t they closed them from 12 to 1. so that prolly had something to do with the bite. well here are a couple of pic's. and our boat ramp, check out ed's shirt, if you have fished with him you know that shirt tell's the honest to god truth!:D thank's eddy for an awesome time. had a blast...just hard to beat setting the hook and your 10 foot rod just doubling over and yelling get the net!!! pig's i tell ya. oh yeah forgot to mention there was 2 pleasure boat's out skiing and one fishing boat, came into mann's cove looked around and head'd back out.
    sorry so longwinded but did'nt wanna leave out any detail's:D sorry big daddy but had to show the folk's your nice white belly:p

why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow it produces again when it shouldn't have. Nice fish. Way to go out and prove the reports wrong. I see the Champion making a border run soon. Bob and I have been talking about it. Looks like we need to quit talking and start driving out there and fishing. Great job guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Trip Again U Guys,,,,glad To See U Get Out Jeff,,,and Looks Like Eddie Has Recovered Just Fine From Last Week
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Great post sounds like a heck of a trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dad Gum

Those are some nice fish. And an even better report. Glad you got into them fella's. Nice job.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    Wow it produces again when it shouldn't have. Nice fish. Way to go out and prove the reports wrong. I see the Champion making a border run soon. Bob and I have been talking about it. Looks like we need to quit talking and start driving out there and fishing. Great job guys.
    I must agree. Time to stop talking and start driving. Name the weekend.

Great looking fish, guys. I'm so proud. No more pics of Ed shirtless......PLEASE

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job, guys. Damn the conditions - go fish.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

What did that report say again? "Crappe: Poor"

HA!

Well done, boys.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You never know until you go. Been a lot of times when they say it is slow or poor fishing and I have went and hammered them. Likewise I have went when they were suppose to have been on fire and through up a big zero. But it is fun either way. I am going to spend the rest of the year fishing new water looking for bigger fish. Lots of water on this big ol lake I have never fished. Until now lookout Osage arm here I come. Toronto better look out also Bob and I both know the directions to that lake also.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heck I Am Moving

Over There... Tonight........ Good Job.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast