Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Partner got a new boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Partner got a new boat

Okay maybe this is childish, but my fising partner purchased a new boat, now it is great boat and has nice features. The last few weeks we have fished his boat every outing. Of course we have used mine for the last few years. Anyway I miss my boat. To me its like an old hat. It looks a little rough but it just feels right. Would it be rude to ask to use my boat again every now and then or do I just let it go.

I sound like a woman on a talkk show

Post Thanks / Like

Do you really like using your boat that much? Or, do you like being the one "in the front" more.
    There is much to be said about keeping a boat ready at all times, cleaning, etc. I get irritated sometimes because my "partners" take it for granted. You would think I would want to go in their boat occasionaly (if they had one).
    But, I don't even like someone else driving the car. I get sleepy sometimes and my wife has to drive. When I get about 10 to 15 minuets, I make her pull over so I can get behind the wheel.
    I don't think you sond like Ophra. I think that is very manly.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you each just fish out of your own boat? You can work the same area and be close enough to carry on a conversation.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TapOut64 View Post
    Why don't you each just fish out of your own boat? You can work the same area and be close enough to carry on a conversation.
    Just what I was gonna say.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Why not ....

Quote Originally Posted by NBCrappie View Post
    Okay maybe this is childish, but my fising partner purchased a new boat, now it is great boat and has nice features. The last few weeks we have fished his boat every outing. Of course we have used mine for the last few years. Anyway I miss my boat. To me its like an old hat. It looks a little rough but it just feels right. Would it be rude to ask to use my boat again every now and then or do I just let it go.

I sound like a woman on a talkk show
    ... suggest that you take turns with the boats
    And if running the TM is the real issue, suggest that you take turns doing that, too (on either boat).

Anyone with a new boat is excited, and wants to make use of their financial investment. Those with boats that they've had for awhile, are comfortable with them and know their abilities & limitations. No reason for either of you to be the one that always takes "their boat".

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Flip a coin!
    Wichita

Post Thanks / Like

Shoot I just wish I could get some of my buddies to use thier boats or run the trolling motor sometimes.
    bamaboyshunting.com

Post Thanks / Like

If your friend is a real friend and fishing partner he will not be offended if you let him know you want to take your boat on occasions. If there is a reason he doesn't want to then discuss it with him. True fishing partners will work it out. Fishing partners that have to be better than you, fancier than you and flaunt it are not real friends. Walk and talk softly and discuss it on the water. Then you'll know by the time you reach shore if you'll be fishing together again. Went thru this myself and still kept a good friend and fishing partner right up to his death. Good luck, Ferdi aka Fred

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see a problem with it as long as your boat functions for the task.....

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe let him use his boat for a while, you know until the new is off a bit. Then take turns on which boat you go in. I know if I had a new boat I would want to use it at least for a while.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast