Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to come fish a private 400 acre lake this Friday?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone want to come fish a private 400 acre lake this Friday?

I have room for one more person on my boat and thought it would be fun meet and invite people from the site to come out with us, and also help us locate more crappie on this lake. Three heads is better than two I guess. lol

We've been fishing a private 400 acre lake for about a year now, but we are having difficulty figuring out a pattern for the crappie during the spring/early summer. We will randomly find them at times and tear them up, but we have really been striking out lately.

During the late summer through winter we can always catch them on one particular laydown, but other than that it's really hit or miss. I can say this for sure - this lake has a very good crappie population, most are in the 12-14 inch range. I think we've thrown back 5-7 smallish ones out of the approx 200 we have caught during the last year over many trips.

For a smaller lake, it's really deep and clear. Most coves are 40-70ft deep or so in the middle.

I'm fairly good at targeting fish when they move up shallower, or if there's cover I can see or visually reference. I'm really having trouble figuring out how to fish the flats or points in deep water. That's where I need help.

So, if you're free this weekend and are good at finding stubborn crappie in deeper water on flats or points etc etc - let me know. I do have a HB 797, which makes me feel even dumber when I can't locate them.:o

I'll supply the boat, food and beer! :D

The lake is about one hour south of St. Louis

Thanks

-Coop
    Swan-Diving off the tongues of crippled giants

Post Thanks / Like

Man, i would love to go and help you catch a few and consume some delicious, cold beverages, a little to far. Good luck though

Post Thanks / Like

Dang, sounds like a dream come true! I'll be at LOZ though. I'm sure someone will take you up on it, good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be GLAD to go - and I'm in Imperial, too

If you've still got room and it isn't TOO far, shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to pitch in ALL my crappie catchin' expertise. That oughta take up the first five minutes of the day.
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a beautiful thing some Jefferson county boys hanging.:D
    Jig & Ellie are my green headed corn grinder finders.

R.I.P Jig dog

Post Thanks / Like

Sure wish I could come - have to work Friday night and am setting up Friday afternoon (life of a musician). I fish down your way quite often as we have a place in Ste. Gen county that has 3 lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlsiv View Post
    I'd be GLAD to go - and I'm in Imperial, too

If you've still got room and it isn't TOO far, shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to pitch in ALL my crappie catchin' expertise. That oughta take up the first five minutes of the day.
    It was nice talking with you, Ralph - I'll see you tomorrow!

I'm sure we'll be going again, so I'll post in this thread and update everyone else who wants to come out too. It will be cool to meet new people and share fishing techniques!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!!! That's a big private lake. Good luck, guys.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwillaub View Post
    WOW!!! That's a big private lake. Good luck, guys.
    It's not my lake or owned by an individual, it's a private community lake. With that said, it doesn't get much fishing pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Goose Creek.
    Jig & Ellie are my green headed corn grinder finders.

R.I.P Jig dog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast