Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is Eager Beaver fishing?

or fighting the Conservatives..:D
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Very little of both Don. I made it out yesterday and it wasn't the best of conditions to be on the water, but with the dang J-O-B I can't go when the weather co-operates for now. I was on a scouting mission yesterday, to see what the Crappies mood was and where in the spawn they were. I am taking one of our Pastors fishing on Thursday so wanted to find them so he would have a good trip. He called me in the afternoon and said he had to back out of the trip because his Uncle had just passed away and he was headed for Wisconsin for the funeral. It didn't hurt my feelings because of the high winds we are having here now. I fought the wind all day and it was blowing 20-30 and gusting higher at times. There was white caps on the main lake. 3 of my better spots that I can usually count on for producing for me I couldn't get to because they are out on the main lake. I tried to fish one of them and had the trolling motor up to 90% trying to hold on the spot so gave up and headed for the coves. I tried jigs to start with and then when I didn't get anything but Bass I switched to a minnow under a bobber on one rod and then just a minnow, hook, and a weight and cast with that one. They started biting on that and caught a few and then they stopped biting on the minnow,so went back to the jig and caught for awhile and when it slowed down I switched jigs and started catching again. I switched with 3 different jigs and didn't do to bad for the conditions I had yesterday. The water was 68degrees when I started and and dropped to 66 by the end of the day when I quit fishing. The air temp got to 90 here yesterday afternoon, but the water temp still dropped due to the high wind and churning the cool bottom water with the warm surface water. I lost 3 very nice females, 2 at the boat and 1 tore off after I had hooked her. I quit counting after 16 so don't know what my count was for sure. I cleaned fish until 10:00 last night after I got home and cleaned the boat up and the cover on it. I will vac seal them this afternoon and will get a count then. It just adds to the count for my neighborhood fish fry this summer. Several neighbors have already asked if I was having it this year and if they could come again. The more the merrier I always say.
    Good fishing to you my friend. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    Very little of both Don. I made it out yesterday and it wasn't the best of conditions to be on the water, but with the dang J-O-B I can't go when the weather co-operates for now. I was on a scouting mission yesterday, to see what the Crappies mood was and where in the spawn they were. I am taking one of our Pastors fishing on Thursday so wanted to find them so he would have a good trip. He called me in the afternoon and said he had to back out of the trip because his Uncle had just passed away and he was headed for Wisconsin for the funeral. It didn't hurt my feelings because of the high winds we are having here now. I fought the wind all day and it was blowing 20-30 and gusting higher at times. There was white caps on the main lake. 3 of my better spots that I can usually count on for producing for me I couldn't get to because they are out on the main lake. I tried to fish one of them and had the trolling motor up to 90% trying to hold on the spot so gave up and headed for the coves. I tried jigs to start with and then when I didn't get anything but Bass I switched to a minnow under a bobber on one rod and then just a minnow, hook, and a weight and cast with that one. They started biting on that and caught a few and then they stopped biting on the minnow,so went back to the jig and caught for awhile and when it slowed down I switched jigs and started catching again. I switched with 3 different jigs and didn't do to bad for the conditions I had yesterday. The water was 68degrees when I started and and dropped to 66 by the end of the day when I quit fishing. The air temp got to 90 here yesterday afternoon, but the water temp still dropped due to the high wind and churning the cool bottom water with the warm surface water. I lost 3 very nice females, 2 at the boat and 1 tore off after I had hooked her. I quit counting after 16 so don't know what my count was for sure. I cleaned fish until 10:00 last night after I got home and cleaned the boat up and the cover on it. I will vac seal them this afternoon and will get a count then. It just adds to the count for my neighborhood fish fry this summer. Several neighbors have already asked if I was having it this year and if they could come again. The more the merrier I always say.
    Good fishing to you my friend. EB
    Beav, I also went yesterday..Went with a friend in his 14' jon boat...Muddy water & 20mph winds took it out of this old man...I was so tired last night I didn't even eat supper......We did manage 11 nice crappie that haven't spawned yet...Water temp was 66* but the air temp yesterday was cool..With all the rain & wind we have had I thought that we had missed the spawn....Brad cleaned the fish last night and said all but one had eggs...

Have a good week, my friend, and don't work too hard...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day