Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zero Turn mowers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Zero Turn mowers

Do any of you own a Bad Boy zero turn mower ZT or Pup series? These are the smaller of the bad boy line up but still look to be a heck of a good mower. Even these are designed for residential and light commercial mowing from what i understand. I thought about buying me 3 to 4 acres of land and was looking for a good quality zero mower that i could also maybe use for a small side business of mowing some yards for extra cash. I can get like a 60 deck with a 26 or 27 hp i think for around 5 to 6 grand. It is made in the USA is another reason I like it. Do any of you own a similar one or brand that you would recommend for between 4,500 and 6,000? Do any of you know what the cheapest price zero turn liquid cooled mower you can get is?

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a cub cadet 50" w/ 21hp Kawi. One awesome machine. After I bought it I went to Sam's and they had a really nice welded deck zero turn for cheap. Worth a look.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an EXMART with 1,700 hours on it and would highly recommend their mowers. These zero turns are fast and most give a good cut on lawns. They are not bush hogs and not suited for really tall and rough ground cutting, they do not like wet or mud, instant bog down. Check out lawnsite.com for all your answers. Welded deck is the "only" way to go, no stamped decks, period.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a lot of trouble with our John Deere on any kind of hill unless you go up the hill..Mowing across hills will give you a theme park ride...

This is the tractor we use at my father in laws house..At home we have a regular John Deere....I won't buy a zero turn for personal use on our yard..I am retired and have time to mow...Not looking for speed which is a strong selling point for Zero Turns...

Bouncing front wheels is also a problem....
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    Do any of you own a Bad Boy zero turn mower ZT or Pup series? These are the smaller of the bad boy line up but still look to be a heck of a good mower. Even these are designed for residential and light commercial mowing from what i understand. I thought about buying me 3 to 4 acres of land and was looking for a good quality zero mower that i could also maybe use for a small side business of mowing some yards for extra cash. I can get like a 60 deck with a 26 or 27 hp i think for around 5 to 6 grand. It is made in the USA is another reason I like it. Do any of you own a similar one or brand that you would recommend for between 4,500 and 6,000? Do any of you know what the cheapest price zero turn liquid cooled mower you can get is?
    Go with the Bad Boy, they are made right here in Batesville, AR.:D I may be prejudice because my son-in-law works for them.:D but seriously they are a good mower.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

Got a JD 727. A little more than what you are talking about, but it is great. I mow 15 acres and about 1/3 of that with the JD. it is for sure the way to go.

Post Thanks / Like

saw that tractor supply has a Bad Boy 60" welded deck on sale for $4999 26 hp Kohler engine.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeepster, thats the exact mower I looked at. Went by the tractor supply and saw they had it. looks like an awesome piece of equipment and not a bad price when comparing to other mowers so far. Looks tough and just from looking at it and the salesman explaining it to me, sounds like a good investment.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a dixie chopper and its made in indiana "I think". Excellent mower with no problems after 5yrs.

Post Thanks / Like

You can get a Ford 8N and a finish mower for a heck of a lot less than 5 or 6 grand, my friend...and you can STILL mow with an attitude.

aj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast