Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone fished Sever Lake lately?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone fished Sever Lake lately?

Thinking of driving up to Sever on Sunday - any news?

Post Thanks / Like

hi crisco, i have been fishing sever pretty regularly this spring. fishing has been very good. some days better than others of course but good overall. there aare several 12 inch crappie to be caught and a few up to 14. if you see a white skeeter with a 115 yamaha, stop and say hi, i'll try to help with some spots if i can.

Post Thanks / Like

Catman,
    Thanks so much for the info! I did not want to drive up from St. Louis if fishing has been off this year. Will be trying for Crappie but would not mind catching some gills and redear too! Will definitely say Hi If I make it up... I have a Alumacraft with a 55 Evinrude...
    Thanks again,
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

crisco, just thought i'd let you know that we got around 5 or 6 inches of rain this week. i went to sever this morning and it was really muddy. i fished for about 3 hours and only caught 3 crappie, the biggest was 10 incher. just thought you might like to know. good luck if you go, never know i might try it again tomorrow. the wind was strong out of the north today but is supposed to be light tomorrow. maybe they will hit again tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Catman,
    Thanks for the heads up! Think I will drive South a few hours instead of North. Will try to head up Sever way again soon. Have you ever fished Hunnewell? Thought about trying that lake too...

Post Thanks / Like

crisco, no i have never fished hunnewell, i've heard it has some nice crappie. you can't use your own boat there but there are rentals, you'd have to furnish your own motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Default catman

what r u catching them on.....think im trying sever sunday.....if ur using minnows.....is there a place to buy them there?

Post Thanks / Like

dink, i have been using tube jigs but there is a lady that lives about 4 miles from the lake that sells minnows (ther are signs to her house).