Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where to go...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to go...

I'm heading down to either St Joe Peninsula or to St George Island, FL to camp/fish. Any feedback on one over the other? Any suggestions on specific spots to try? I plan on fishing one rod with a bottom rig and cast lures on another pole.

I'm also bringing the canoe for the bay side any idea which place might be better for that- I'm hoping to get into some trout...

Thanks!
    What?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I don't know either of those locations. Maybe someone closer to that area can help you out.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up St Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    I'm heading down to either St Joe Peninsula or to St George Island, FL to camp/fish. Any feedback on one over the other? Any suggestions on specific spots to try? I plan on fishing one rod with a bottom rig and cast lures on another pole.

I'm also bringing the canoe for the bay side any idea which place might be better for that- I'm hoping to get into some trout...

Thanks!
    For the Canoe St. Joe would be better ... Trout, Reds, Flounders and Great Scalloping in the Bay ... (also some great shark fishing at times)

Gulf side in the Surf (Cape San Blas) Pompano, Reds, and odds & ends (Lady Fish, Blue Runners .. we call em "Hard Tails" ... and Flounder) as well sometimes the Spanish Mite get in close enough ..

With a larger Boat St. George .. Appalachicola ... is great the Bay is real tricky ...

Hope that helps a little

Have a good trip

JSC
    JSC On The Choctawhatchee

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks!

Those are just the tips I needed to decide- to St Joes I go. Do I hear you sayin that the surf on the sound side at the cape is better than the ocean?
    What?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Those are just the tips I needed to decide- to St Joes I go. Do I hear you sayin that the surf on the sound side at the cape is better than the ocean?
    The Sound side (Bay Side) is a lot differtent from the Surf .. gotta have a good day to canoe in the surf .... Better to have an out fit that you can heave a bait out and sit on the bottom while you cast around with a jig ...

The Bayside is excellent for the canoe and lets you hunt for the fish across the flats as well as snorkele for scallops (Not sure of the scallop season.. go to the Fl Website for fishing regs). Some places to check in for information in Pt. St. Joe is Half Hitch Tackle, The Marinia, and a couple of places on the way out to the Cape ..
    Have A Good One
    JSC
    JSC On The Choctawhatchee

Post Thanks / Like

I just retuned from this area about 3 weeks ago. Caught alot of trout in St. Joe bay using a new penny Gulp under a Cajun Thunder rig. Watch the tides close because this area can get shallow quick. If you go to St George Island try Rattlesnake Cove area on the bay side. Hope this helps. Good luck.