Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Renewed Faith..........

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Renewed Faith..........

Brenda and I attended the grandson's baccalaureate this past weekend. He graduated with honors and is headed to Memphis State.

It was held at the Belvue Baptist Church in Memphis. Real big church. I didn't smell incense or see an aspersonium, but people did bow their heads. Kids actually prayed. Maybe all is not lost.

I am headed to river to celebrate....:D

You folks have a good week. I plan to myself.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your grandson's graduation. There are still some good people out there including kids and adults. You just do not see or hear that much of the good in the media. I am not that old but I am starting to notice the difference is getting bigger in how I think and how young folks think. Hope you have a good and safe time celebrating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    It was held at the Belvue Baptist Church in Memphis. Real big church.

One of the biggest in the country. Their late minister, Adrian Rogers, had one of the greatest "preachers' voices" of all time. He was president of the Southern Baptist Convention several times. They still broadcast his sermons.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Brenda and I attended the grandson's baccalaureate this past weekend. He graduated with honors and is headed to Memphis State.

It was held at the Belvue Baptist Church in Memphis. Real big church. I didn't smell incense or see an aspersonium, but people did bow their heads. Kids actually prayed. Maybe all is not lost.

I am headed to river to celebrate....:D

You folks have a good week. I plan to myself.

There are lots of good people and lots of good kids....everything is not lost yet. I belong to a very small country Baptist Church and we really have some good kids and young people there.
    Last edited by "G"; 05-11-2009 at 10:20 AM. Reason: spelling
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Amen G-3. You never hear about the good ones. The bad eggs make for better news.

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to take Sundays and go fishn'. One day the Lord woke me up and said now is the time. I have been taking my boys by the hand and leading them into my Baptist church each Sunday since. Theres no getting out of it, theres no deals nor negotiations, it is done and that is final. They say grace before dinner, sometimes before lunch, and sometimes even in restaurants and prayers before bed. They even argue over which of them gets to lead the prayer before dinner. They often insist on bible stories at dinner time over Sponge Bob. They keep company with kids from Church and those of other faiths. They also give their own hard earned money from doing to chores. I never demanded anything more than give your life over to God, they came up with the rest on their own. The Lord says for a man to lead his home into the Kingdom and thats just what I did.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by backtocrappie View Post
    I used to take Sundays and go fishn'. One day the Lord woke me up and said now is the time. I have been taking my boys by the hand and leading them into my Baptist church each Sunday since. Theres no getting out of it, theres no deals nor negotiations, it is done and that is final. They say grace before dinner, sometimes before lunch, and sometimes even in restaurants and prayers before bed. They even argue over which of them gets to lead the prayer before dinner. They often insist on bible stories at dinner time over Sponge Bob. They keep company with kids from Church and those of other faiths. They also give their own hard earned money from doing to chores. I never demanded anything more than give your life over to God, they came up with the rest on their own. The Lord says for a man to lead his home into the Kingdom and thats just what I did.
    There is a lot of sometimes in there! The Lord watches over us 24/7 lol EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    There is a lot of sometimes in there! The Lord watches over us 24/7 lol EB
    Beave, I leave it up to the boys, I want them to WANT the heart of Jesus, and if I ram it down their throats they will reject it. The Lord doesn't wan't mindless drones, he wants to be wanted and needed and that what I teach them.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

TN River: Clifton, Perryville, occasionally northward
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by backtocrappie View Post
    Way to go BTC.
    BSRRofl