Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Perspective on crappie fishing"

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Perspective on crappie fishing"

I saw / read this article Crappie Nation and it was so good I wanted to share parts of it with you all.

"Today, change has come, and come fast. Crappie fishing websites crackle with the latest scoops on hot bites and new jig designs. There seems to exist a crappie belt that roughly comprises a region that has West Texas and Colorado on the western edge, follows a line from Nebraska through northcentral Minnesota, then eastward through Ohio and veering southeast to Virginia; running the eastern coastline through southern Florida, and west along the Gulf Coast back to Texas.

Crappie anglers are a diverse group that varies regionally and covers all age groups. The carefree nature of the bite at times makes the crappie excellent for introducing kids to fishing and for elderly anglers who'd rather fish from the comfort of a lawn chair. Typically you don't need fancy tackle or a lot of patience to catch crappie. In these regions, many anglers fish primarily for crappie. They fish for fun and for food, and might be on the water several times a week. They're often knowledgeable about movement patterns in their local waters and about effective presentations. In parts of Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Tennessee, and Arkansas, crappie fishing seems to be the top game in town."

"There's tremendous opportunity for bank anglers or those with small boats. In spring and fall, the countless boat slips are empty and you can fish the dock systems, along with breakwalls and piers. A compromise in shape and size, crappies occupy a unique niche in our waters. They hold a unique niche in the hearts of all enlightened anglers, as well.

On average, anglers today fish more frequently and spend far more money (corrected for inflation) on tackle than in previous periods. "
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say they hit the nail on the head describing the crappie fishermen and women that I've met. I fished for other species for a lot of years, both fresh and salt water, in my last home state. Mostly all the Crappie folks I've met are more relaxed, though still intensely dedicated, than any I've been around in my life. I'm enjoying the pursuit of crappie more than any other fish in recent years.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I used to fish nearly entirely for bass, bream and trout, but have all but quit the other fishing since I took up crappie fishing. It's fun, exciting, but still relaxing. I love it.