Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smthville Wed. evening

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smthville Wed. evening

Me and my buddy cleaned 25 last night. We didn't keep anything under 10 inches. we fished above W bridge and use 1/32 oz. jig heads with blue/white, yellow/white and black/char tube bodies. We caught some using a bobber about 12 inches above the jig. Only one was a female the rest were males. I am going to try it again this weekend. The females should start to move up with the full moon tomorrow night.

Post Thanks / Like

way to go dave, good report.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Job, Dave. 25 fish 10+" is admirable on Smithville, imo. Must really be getting hot and heavy!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch Dave, did you catch any of those fish at night or just late in the evening? I've been thinking about hitting Smithville after work and was wondering if this is an evening bite or a night bite. If its an evening bite I can take my daughter after work and get a couple hours in before dark.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

STL,

We put in at 5:00 pm and took out at 8:00 pm. We did not have to use our running lights. Go north about 2 miles and thats the area I fished. Any of them coves should be smokin this weekend if the weather doesn't foul things up. I just talked to a freind today and fished the same area and caught a nice limit throwing road runner head with a mister twister tail. Good luck, Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dave is Gene back from his trip yet i talked to him Sun. afternoon & he said they were leaving to come home Mon. We didn't catch any big crappie at Banner today but we did get our limit. They were on the banks for the most part. Jim C.

Post Thanks / Like

Jim, I may be the dave you are talking to. To answer your question, yes gene is home, talked to him this morning and he said he was way behind on his chores, and wouldn't be able to go fishing until next week. I think I will go down and help him with chores. glad you are catching them at banner, wanting to go there but a little to far for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave P. View Post
    STL,

We put in at 5:00 pm and took out at 8:00 pm. We did not have to use our running lights. Go north about 2 miles and thats the area I fished. Any of them coves should be smokin this weekend if the weather doesn't foul things up. I just talked to a freind today and fished the same area and caught a nice limit throwing road runner head with a mister twister tail. Good luck, Dave
    Thanks for the tip, weather permitting I will try the lake some day next week.

Post Thanks / Like

dmac thanks for getting me straight we went back to banner this morning but only kept 31 we had to work a little harder but we did catch some. Tell Gene the chores can wait the fish
    are on the banks & ready to be caught HA HA . Jim C.