Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headed to stockton tomorrow for the first time.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Headed to stockton tomorrow for the first time.

I am headed to stockton to put in at ruark. Any help on how deep the crappie are or where to go would be much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry no help here. Last week they were 8 ft deep. Everything may have changed with the high water.

Post Thanks / Like

WE FIShed saturday night until 10pm we had 9 little males in 12ft of water and there was only like 4" of visibility in the water and be careful the lake is full of floating debris!!
    Remember, We all live down stream!
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles

Post Thanks / Like

Hers a little report brought five home all big males. Caught them 2 foot under a cork. I am really impressed with the size of these fish. Also caught probably 20 or more short fish. THere wasnt much floating debris. I will be back this weekend. One thing that was really nice was veryone i met was very friendly and glad to offer a little advice Im not used to that fishing down on grand that is for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you found a few. I think most that fish Stockton are coming to the conclusion that the high water the last couple of years is helping produce some bigger fish on that body of water. I really excited about that. I know I certainly didn't put a dent in them last year. Congrats on your catch.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Stockton sunday...caught a few nice fish...10 1/2 to 13. Very dark whites 2-3 feet deep, casting jig on points. Also caught some 10 ft deep....???
    Lake was clear and in good shape...people moving around a lot trying to find fish. Tough day.

Post Thanks / Like

What Wantin said!

Except for the Dent part.....Put a Big Dent in em last fall....
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    What Wantin said!

Except for the Dent part.....Put a Big Dent in em last fall....
    Bragger!!!!:D:D:D:D
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

I would start deep say in 20 to 25 foot of water 8 to 10 foot down and move in from there. Also find the cleaner water, stay away from the muddy water.

Post Thanks / Like

LOOKS LIKE gonna hit stockton again thurs this time i think i'll put in state park area??wanted to go friday to but dad is gonna have the boat.... got a call tonite and a buddy said they caught 35 whites all over 10" around north sons creek they put in at ruark bluff (on 4/25)
    Remember, We all live down stream!
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast