Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falls Lake( Ledge Rock) Night Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Falls Lake( Ledge Rock) Night Fishing

Crappie are in there real nicely. Sunday(4/26) caught a few, then the Catfish rolled in, and crappie go bye bye. Went last night Thursday(4/30), and caught really nice ones, then the wind rolled in, and everything shut down. Caught quite a few small white bass or could have been white perch. SO GO GET THEM IF YOU CAN!!
    Any Day Fishing Beats the Best Day At Work

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! looks like the crappies are turning back on...

Post Thanks / Like

Date: 5/7
    Time of Day: Night Time
    Started out good, bobbers were dropping pretty good, caught smalls one. Only kept 4 that were big enough to make the pan stick. But really enjoyed night, watching a big storm move around this area of the lake, the lighting was incredible.
    I also ran into Redboat, in his red boat. Nice to meet, and look forward to seeing you at other local crappie haunts around Falls Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4everndwoods View Post
    Date: 5/7
    Time of Day: Night Time
    Started out good, bobbers were dropping pretty good, caught smalls one. Only kept 4 that were big enough to make the pan stick. But really enjoyed night, watching a big storm move around this area of the lake, the lighting was incredible.
    I also ran into Redboat, in his red boat. Nice to meet, and look forward to seeing you at other local crappie haunts around Falls Lake
    It was good to meet you too We were out on the lake and I found a promising spot, We ended up with two 10 inchers quick and lost a big one at the boat, plus a nice white bass.. before the wind came up and the lightning became too much for my nerves to handle. Gonna go back to the same spot next time!

Went back near the ramp and caught some more small ones plus 1 more keeper before we left

Yes that lightnng was something..
    -REDBOAT

Post Thanks / Like

I got the truck loaded and ready to roll down to Falls tonight. Anybody got any ideas on what the weather forecast is? I saw 40% chance of t-storm on wunderground. I don't mind the rain but I'll pass on the fireworks!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah - It was quite a light show last night.. It was south then east of the lake... but it started to get TOO BRIGHT for my comfort level... Foot I THINK you are gonna be OK for tonight but they are calling for scatterd t-storms...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, can't fight the urge any more. Weather be darned, let's go nightstalking:D!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Have not been either due to some scary weather conditions. Missd a good night last night, but the heck with the weather I am going tonight! Going right now to get the bomber lighed up. Good luck to all of ya'll whenever or wherver you fish!!!!
    Difference between day and night: Day= one rod, one jig/Night= Many rods & a bucket full of minners

Post Thanks / Like

I am looking forward to doing another night fishing session on falls in the next few days. I have been wanting to put in near 85 and fish that area. Are the crappie up that way?

4everndwoods, saw you mentioned the cats rolled in. Where the the normal little ones found in falls? Someone told me to try up in that area, past the 85 bridge for decent cats in falls. I would love to pull some decent cats out of falls, it would beat going to some of the spots on the neuse for cats. Although I know I won't be pulling any 40lbs flatheads out of falls.
    Nothing left to do but Smile Smile Smile

Post Thanks / Like

Default Answer to Hardydk1 about catfish

I wish, they were small,but big enough to eat. Me and my dad caught flats and channels cats. I have not fished Falls for cats, do not know where the best places would be

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast