Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Filet knife?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Filet knife?

Sure this has probably been asked before but I am looking for a "good" electric filet knife. I have wore out a couple of the wal-mart specials but I would really like to find one that cuts better and lasts a little longer. It will be used on crappie, bream, and shellcracker. Anyone have any suggestions?
    bamaboyshunting.com

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought my first electric filet knife, a Rapala Proguide Deluxe that includes 6" and 7.5" kinves, 12v and 110 V adapter, Cig lighter 12v plug, and a carrying case. Some kits also include a cutting board. Mine was $45. As this is my first one, I have nothing to compare it to, but I am VERY pleased with it so far. Been through close to 100 crappie this season.

Jeff
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Post Thanks / Like

I use an American Angler that I haven't had any problems out of yet. I have used mine on a lot of crappie and catfish.
    Blake

Post Thanks / Like

Mister twister, the best 24$ you can spend!

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 American Anglers...niether worth a crap! I plan on trying the Rapala next. Have used the Mister Twister and the Cabelas Brand Both work better that mine but dont have a flexible blade. My current ones get hot and blades dont last( Jan-know)
    Was that a bite? Forgot what they feel like!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I love my "Mr. Twister" knife. It holds up under heavy pressure of cleaning a bunch of crappies at a time.:D:D:D:D
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterJeff View Post
    I just bought my first electric filet knife, a Rapala Proguide Deluxe that includes 6" and 7.5" kinves, 12v and 110 V adapter, Cig lighter 12v plug, and a carrying case. Some kits also include a cutting board. Mine was $45. As this is my first one, I have nothing to compare it to, but I am VERY pleased with it so far. Been through close to 100 crappie this season.

Jeff
    I have the same knife and I am very pleased with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishknives

I Have Two One Is A 20 Year Old Mr. Twister And The Other Is A Five Year Northamerican Angler. I Like Them Because The Blades Are Interchangeable. As You Can See From The Age They Are Both Durable. I Use Them To Filet Everything From Perch, Brim, Crappie To A Variety Of Saltwater Fish/ I Have Found That The New Thin Blade For The Northamerican Angler Will Not Work On The Mr Twister, But, The Old Style Blades Do. Hope This Helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had an American Angler for 5 years. I have bought two sets of knives for it. No problem here.
    I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an American Angler (12 v.) and it's 3 years old. I fish fall thru spring, winter included. No complaints here.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast