Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: pig on a crappie jig, pic

Post Thanks / Like

Default pig on a crappie jig, pic

was out searching for some specks this morning when I thought I was snagged on bottom. went to give it a yank to get the little 1/64 oz crappie jig unsnagged and was answered with a quick tug and some serious drag peeling. was a great fight on my Quantam xtralite 6.5 foot rod with Quantam size 10 spinning reel and Vicious Fishing 4lb flourocarbon. she was full of eggs and in the 23 inch range. we guessed her to be between 4 and 5 pounds, possibly a bit more.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Know what'cha talkin 'bout, Slabrus ....

I used to fish Watts Bar Lake, down in E. Tenn, for Smallmouth ... gave it up and switched to fishing it for Crappie. Since then, I've boated more Smallmouth over 4lbs (3) than I ever did when specifically fishing for them :p

Biggest "Bass" I've ever caught, while Crappie fishing, was a 6lb Largemouth ... on that same lake. No easy feat, considering I was using a 5ft UL and 4lb test mono :D ... that fish had me backwinding something fierce, since I didn't trust the drag in that UL reel !!! Even had several boats come over and provide an audience for the event Several even offered to net the fish for me ... LOL!! I just lip landed the 'ol girl, showed her to the crowd, and put her back (much to the surprise & chagrin of some of them). The "crowd" quickly dispersed, once they realized I wasn't actually Bass fishing .... LOL !!!

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

sweet
    good to see that vicious fluorocarbon line worked well, i just put some on 1 of my rods for a trial run, never used fluorocarbon but have used Vicious line, good stuff !!

Post Thanks / Like

GUTBUCKET
    Slabmaster

Caution : This Could Happen To You !
    This Is What My Son Caught While Throw'n A Crappie Jig At One Of The Ponds He Fishes...released ( Not Greased ) To Catch Again Someday......way To Go Travis ( Takes After His Dad )
    Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Nice bass. I would have guessed more then 4 or 5 pounds. I figured she was in the 6 to 7 range. She would have been if I caught her because I would have stretched my arms out for the photo to add two or three pounds. Way to go. I bet I caught more bass this year then I have in years while crappie fishing. I caught none that size and thing the best I got was three pounds but I hooked her on a 14' pole while line line trolling a jiggy jig. I felt like I had a a pontoon on the other end when I hooked her. The pole was so long with so much play that she couldn't break the line.
    "You should have been here yesterday!!!

Jigboy