Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stockton Update

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton Update

Went to Ruark on Tues. Didn't get there until 11am. Went past Chicken Rock and B-9 and past Buzzy's cove to the next one on the left. I've never seen so many boats on a week day on the lake. Everyone crappie fishing.

I found one tree that produced 5 large females, 22 ft of water, 11 ft down, 58 F water, water slightly stained.. Black and Char. with nibble. By large, they were 13 to 14 1/2 in. I also caught a 20 in walleye and two large perch off the same tree. I then caught about 30 chips off the same tree. Could't find another keeper there so I move back to Buzzy's cove and could hardly find a tree that didn't have a boat on it. I was able to catch 5 more keepers, 10 1/2 to 13 1/2 in . All off trees, a total of 9 white females and one large black male. Fished a lot of banks and didn't get a bite. Males aren't there yet.

Buzzy, you can tell the name of your cove if you want, it shouldn't hurt because everyone else in the world is fishing it.

Post Thanks / Like

nice day ship,,,,good catch
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't see you yesterday. Used the beagle science and finally got my limit. Frosty and his boy were there and we had a good time. 2 boats 21 crappie. Lots of boats but found a out of the way spot. Needed a 8 ft. rod not my 10 ft. Not telling my cove ship. Orange jig root beer and char was our color.

Post Thanks / Like

The Beagle Science?????????omg Not The Tiney Bubbles Thing Also,,,,,,good Day To Be Out
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on some quality fish. I hope to be up that way this weekend...do I need a reservation???ha! The lake....along with all the rest might be muddy by this weekend...let's all stay tuned.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam,
    Be prepared to park out in the road. Last 2 weeks overflow area almost full. Damm people supposed to be working not fishing. As you can tell i'm retired. later

Post Thanks / Like

Ship....Guess we missed you. Had a good day. Took my son and caught a few. Spent most of the day getting him out of the trees and brush. I thing he would make a bass fisher, always reeling and casting....has to be moving constantly. Buzzy PUT IT ON US...every tree he pulled up to....Look here frosty! We both caught some nice one's....and a few more dinks this time. Sounds like you had a good day too. I wish we'd headed down to the cove you were in....buzzy said something about it, but he kept catching fish there. Enjoyed the day Buzzy , and congrats on your LIMIT. i'll keep feeding them for ya!
    Last edited by FROSTY; 04-29-2009 at 08:29 AM.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Good report guys. Thanks for the information. Glad you got a few.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Frosty,
    You had a rough day yesterday. Thanks for all the help, Old smokie even liked you. Remember me saying all these trucks here and no cdc decals. Another good morning and i gots to go to joplin, will see about bearings for you. later

Post Thanks / Like

Ship, Buzzy,Frosty sounds like you guys had a good time sure was a nice day to be out on the water.congrats!
    DID YOU SEE THAT IT HAD TA BE A STATE RECORD!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast