Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rhodhiss

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rhodhiss

Crappie still deep caught most of mine near goat farm in about 16 feet. The water is quite murky up the lake and a little clearer near Connelly creek. Quite a few boats out today must have been some tourneys. I bass fish and enter tourneys once in a while but these guys were just rude. Was in connelly creek fishing a brush pile and couldn't stay on the fish because of boats flying in and out all morning less than 40 feet from me. Some people need to learn a little boat etiquette. I am fishing out of a 20ft bass boat and had to hang on to my seat just to keep my balance.
    Early to bed…early to rise…fish all day…make up lies.

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean Stratos. It seems to me that the new generation bassers have little to no respect for anyone else on the water. At Hickory it's the skiers and board riding boaters. Just another good reason to nightstalk. Glad you caught some fish. I am beginning to wonder when the fish are ever going to come to the banks...? Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the larger ones I caught seemed to be full of eggs. Saw a few bass up shallow bedding today as well. It doesn't make alot of sense that the crappie are still deep but glad their biting. Caught 3 over 14 inches today over forty total in a couple of hours and 10 keepers was quite happy with that. By nightstalk do you use live bait and just sit or do you actually try and fish the banks like bass ?
    Early to bed…early to rise…fish all day…make up lies.

Post Thanks / Like

A nightstalk for me is using minnows or sometimes jigs with submersed lights. We usually anchor over brush or structure and fish several rods. The fishfinder is the key to finding schools and/or cover.

Post Thanks / Like

i was getting temp readings of almost 70 and the bass are moving up but i havent caught a crappie shallow yet. anyone understand? fish are acting like its march for me.

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that I can figure is the fact that the water at Rhodhiss has really fluctuated up and down this spring. The instability of the water temps may have them on hold. You found 70 degree water this weekend, but just on Thursday Skeeterguy found the water temperature to be in the 50's! With this stretch of warm weather I think that they have to go to the banks soon. I hope to get out there Thursday afternoon and see where they are at. Good luck to you when you go.

Post Thanks / Like

54 degrees to be exact. couldn't believe it Thursday morning when I put in.
    No fish shallow, fished most of my shallow water favorites without a bite.
    Ended up trolling jigs in about 22' of water & caught about 15 in two hours.
    Most were full of eggs & white as a new bed sheet. Water did warm up to @
    58 by the end of the day. Went to Hickory Friday morning & water was 63 degrees at 7:30 am, 67 by the afternoon. Did a little better at Hickory, some on banks & some trolling.