Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: mercury 150 xr6

Post Thanks / Like

Default mercury 150 xr6

Sometimes when I take off the egine stall like it is running out of fuel I let off throttle and go again and it does fine. what could be causing this? thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

The engine is running lean at idle and stumbles to find fuel.

Check and clean your fuel system.

TMD

Post Thanks / Like

Keith,
    What model is your motor? I have a 1994 Mercury 175 and I had never had a problem. Recently my motor was doing the same thing. It would idle and come out of the hole great but usually after just a short distance it would start losing power. It would not sit down completely with me but if I was going 45 mph it would start slowing down to about 25-30. I carried it to a great mechanic today and he checked the motor from top to bottom. The regulators, stator, power packs, fuel system etc. all tested great. It turned out to be the oil-injection system. It was not oiling enough and so the computer was getting this reading and would start to cut the power back to reduce the risk of damage. I had been told by several mechanics in the past that after a motor gets several years old you need to unhook the oiling system anyway and mix your gas/oil manually. Just to make sure it is getting the proper mixture. The alarm was not going off because it was getting some oil but just not enough. It is a pretty cheap fix compared to buying a new motor. I put it in the water today and it is running great! This may not be your problem but if it is an older motor I would have this checked...See Ya on the Water!

Darrell Baker
    Weiss Lake Crappie Guides
    PO Box 778
    Centre, Alabama 35960
    Tele/ 256-927-2232
    Cell/ 256-557-0129
    weiss lake crappie guides

Post Thanks / Like

keith, i have an 01' xr6 that was doin the same thing.turns out my problem was just the primer bulb. apperently the insides of the bulb fizzled out and it just needed a new one. now it runs great starts good,but im haveing overheating problems at low rpms and idle.did impellar and now tryin t stats.