Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: somethin's fishy

Post Thanks / Like

Default somethin's fishy

Went to C.Creek friday evening to do a little fishing.About the time I got ready to leave about 9pm,just getting dark, a air boat like they use in the everglades came into the cove I was fishing.They turned on lights that lit the cove up and I could hear another engine running that I believe was a generator.They were whoopin it up laughing and hollering and met 2 guys on the bank that had brought 2 cases of beer to join them.I truly believe they were shock fishing using the generator.After I left I stopped at a bait shop and told them what I had seen and one guy told me they had stopped there and they were from Arkansas and indeed it was a air boat with a generator.
    I called the Warren county sheriff and they were going to send an officer to check it out.For now thats all I know but will keep ya'll posted on exactly what was going on.If you see this airboat on the lakes you fish may I suggest calling your local sheriff. Their vehicles had Arkansas plates.
    Sorry for rambling on,but it po'd me off royally.

Post Thanks / Like

Bow and arrow fishing maybe? They need bright lights to see the fish. Goes on here alot.
    Rend Lake Crappie Guides
    www.crappiextreme.com

Post Thanks / Like

Props on the report, kills me to see folks who see something that is or has the potential of being illegal, and they never do anything about it.
    Might be hard to say about the generator, unless they had the probes on it at the time. Have ran into alot of folks crappie fishin at night with small generators(for lighting and power, not the ilegal version) at CC.
    But ya know for a fact the alcohol is a no-no. Hopefully they got caught. I just hope for there sake they knew the beer was illegal, i know i had never heard of it till i started fishng there. Always hate to see somebody get into trouble for something they had no idea about.

On a similar note, we have seen ALOT of boats out there at night spotlighting along the shore lines at night over the years. I know that there aint that many people out giggin frogs, always wondered what they were up to.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Default Check em out...

Quote Originally Posted by frydaddy View Post
    Went to C.Creek friday evening to do a little fishing.About the time I got ready to leave about 9pm,just getting dark, a air boat like they use in the everglades came into the cove I was fishing.They turned on lights that lit the cove up and I could hear another engine running that I believe was a generator.They were whoopin it up laughing and hollering and met 2 guys on the bank that had brought 2 cases of beer to join them.I truly believe they were shock fishing using the generator.After I left I stopped at a bait shop and told them what I had seen and one guy told me they had stopped there and they were from Arkansas and indeed it was a air boat with a generator.
    I called the Warren county sheriff and they were going to send an officer to check it out.For now thats all I know but will keep ya'll posted on exactly what was going on.If you see this airboat on the lakes you fish may I suggest calling your local sheriff. Their vehicles had Arkansas plates.
    Sorry for rambling on,but it po'd me off royally.

More than likely BOW FISHING, they do that all over the southern states and it will migrate up north too. Doesn't hurt to have the GameWarden check them out though. The laws on bow fishing up there and down here are different and some will play dumb. Still got to follow the law whereever you are at. Ask them to let you check out their rigs, they are pretty neat the way they have them set up and you can use some of their information to rig up for night fishing. They usually don't mind showing off their equipment. I'm a former Ohio boy from Zanesville misplaced to Texas due to health and we have them boats from all over all spring thru fall GAR Hunting here on Sam Rayburn. Ferdi aka Fred

Post Thanks / Like

I ran into a a couple boats in a cove at East Fork that seemed to be up to no good. Not sure what they were doing, but one had some crazy coil looking things mounted on the back of the boat. The other was tied up to him and had a long handled pole of some sort sticking out of the boat. Neither was an air boat, but as we pulled into the cove they both untied and left in a big hurry, almost like we aught 'em doing something they shouldn't. Who knows? There's all sorts out there.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I pulled into a cove at E.F.and the crappie were doing nothing they are supposed to...
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yates View Post
    I pulled into a cove at E.F.and the crappie were doing nothing they are supposed to...
    Now THAT sounds like a fishy story! :D

Post Thanks / Like

I pulled into a cove on Sunday and saw Yates in there and started catching fish. Seems like that is usually the case when I am on Eastfork:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default bowfishing

Those guys were definatly bow fishing. The sport is bigger than you might think, when i was growing up I did it all summer. It is great sport and great fertilizer for the garden. The reason you don't see thos guys much is because they mostly go out at night with a big rig with lights like that. if you see me trolling for crappies with two rods in the rod holders and a bow in my hand please stop by and i'll let ya wack a few.

PS

This is my first post long time lurker this is a great sight guys and I appreciate all the info on here. I have become quite the slab killer over at the fork i live right across the street so i make it out frequently.....i rock an overpowered 14' Jon.

Post Thanks / Like

hand gernades work the best but it's hard to get em back together for weigh in!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast