Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hickory 4-24-09

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hickory 4-24-09

Got back from China last night and just had to get to the water. Had to go to work for a few hours and then headed to Hickory since Skeeterguy and Skeeterdude were down there and had told me that the fish at Rhodhiss still aren't doing their thing. Didn't get to the lake until about 11:30 am. Caught about seven casting jigs to shallow brush. Had two 12" fish and two about 10" to keep. Other three were small 7-8" fish. At 2 pm started trolling and immediately started catching fish. Probably got 15-20 by 4:30, but most were small. Didn't keep anymore. Got to the landing ramp and was going to release the four in the box, but there was a young man and his mom fishing from the bank with an empty bucket. Couldn't resist giving the four fish to the young man. He was thrilled to have them in his bucket and said that they were going to have them for supper. I left happy to have been back on the water and glad that I could give the little guy a thrill. I would say that he was 7 or 8 years old. Anyway, glad to be back in the USA and back on the water. Have fun at the social tomorrow!

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Chug...welcome home.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back.Good deal on helping someone out. That young man will probably remember that the rest of his life.That's what I call "making a difference". Hat's off to ya !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks gman. I still remember the days that as a boy I stood on a bank and wished that I had something on my old stringer. Have a good weekend and enjoy the social if you go.

Poppop have a good day tomorrow and catch a few and eat a few for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back to the US. My hats off to you for doing the best thing a personn could do that boy and his mother, way to go. You made me feel good too. Glad to hear you caught some, went today up gunpowder creek, doing some exploreing, went all the way up to the damn. Tried some jigs and driftin at same time, no crappie but a few pearch for chum on a night stalk later tonight. Would you say rhodhiss or hickory would be better? Thanks for the report!
    Difference between day and night: Day= one rod, one jig/Night= Many rods & a bucket full of minners

Post Thanks / Like

Spot, based on what some others have told me, I would try Rhodhiss for a nightstalk. They are still further behind on the spring spawn and there are apparently still a lot of fish in the deeper water. I would try the "goat farm" or Conley Creek. Thanks for your kind words and good luck with the night stalk wherever you go.