Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boy talk about being bummed out

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boy talk about being bummed out

I have been so busy that my fishing has really taken a back seat, but I thought there would still be time for a shallow bite (not real shallow, but you know that 9'-12' range. Well we have wind warnings out again today and was not bad early and I still just didn't get started early. So about 9 I went out back to where they were 2 days back and no fish there where there had been lots and lots.

So a unhappy camper I am as they have moved to maybe 15'-18' and it's over. Not letting this happen next spring.

See before we lost our Hydrilla beds I had been able to still find crappie in the 6' of water all the way to the first week in June, but once the Hydrilla left it has not been like that. The Hydrilla is coming back, but not near enough to make them change back to a few years ago.

So if anyone has been fishing or goes fishing here on T-Bend please Pm me if you find them still shallow on this lake. I am thinking some places here they well may still be in that 9'-12'of water and I want to go get them. Also if you don't find any shallow here know that in my part of the lake they have moved and I bet you can find them on the brush in 18'-22' of water right now.

Just needed a vent to get it out of my system,

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel Skip. It seems the same way up here on Ouachita (AR). The conditions are perfect for spawning crappie. I suspect the majority of the blacks have spawned, but the whites I fillet are still full of eggs.

Nevertheless, the wind warnings keep me and my 21' pontoon rig off the lake.

I think God made windy days for fishermen like the two of us to get the yard work done. lol

aj

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default windy

Skip, don't take it too badly. You know, as well as I do that things happen for a reason. My first tourney in the Middle Tennessee Crappie Club is tomorrow. The wind will be up making it tough on an already tough lake. Maybe I can try some high speed crappie pursuit. It'll get better. Chin up, we're still here. Vent all you want.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for listening and yes that wind has been unrelenting. This week the last 3 days have had lake wind warnings and one day we were the only county near here that had the wind lake warnings.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Skip

I know how you feel, I've been trout fishing 1 time this year and if it wasn't for making my jigs and powdering them I'd be going crazy. My nephew joined the guards and has been doing more and more so we haven't got up to the lake crappie fishing yet.

Fatman