Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Raffle to help a Soldier

Post Thanks / Like

Default Raffle to help a Soldier

Soldier Gives up his guns for his Family - by Mike Nashif President of Combat Warrior Crisis Network, Inc

Army Sgt Travis Schmiesing is like many soldiers with today’s conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan. He is married and has three beautiful children whose ages are 7 months, 3 years, and 7 years. His wife Brandy, is like any normal military wife, and strives to take care of things while her husband is away. Travis has been in constant pain since his deployment to Iraq and firmly believes that it caused by the heavy workload that is required to stay alive when you are deployed to a hostile environment. Travis and his wife bought their home near Lake Jackson, Texas in hopes of living the American dream, but soon realized that the miles that separated them has proven to be too much for them. Fighting the Army medical system, Travis has grown to realize the need for his family to be together. He lives on Ft Hood in Central Texas and his family stays near Lake Jackson which leaves them separated by 5 hours of driving. Trying to sell his current house has proven to be a failure in today’s economy and his family is suffering more and more each day. Travis came to me one day with a solution and an end to his family problems if he could find some help. I offered to help him. I brought it to my wife and team and now we have offered to help him and his family. Like most soldiers, Travis holds his gun collection near and dear to his heart. The sense of personal security is what he seeks for his family just like any Red Blooded American and he asked me if I could hold a raffle to help him raise the money for a down payment on a new house that was closer to Ft Hood. I told him that it was possible but nothing is guaranteed with a raffle. He named off a few items of value that he had and I told him the truth. I didn’t think those items would bring in what would be needed for a down payment. I suggested his prize possessions that he has and he kind of laughed as if the thought had never crossed his mind. A few days later he called me up and we talked a bit more. His wife needed a little extra support over the weekend and he wasn’t going to be able to be there due to his Army obligations. Feeling less of a man and feeling as though he has let his wife down in her moment of need he reached out once again. We arranged for some friends of ours to take Brandy and the children out for coffee and breakfast and they offered to watch the children so she could have some personal time and know that she is not alone. She does have people that care and will help. These are complete strangers to Travis and his family but when I asked Bob and Darlene if they could help, they said yes. The phone call took 1 min 47 seconds start to finish. A soldiers’ family needed help and they were there. The next day Travis met me and thanked me for getting his family some support. Then he told me as he pulled his two favorite rifles from his truck and handed them to me… my guns or my family. I can’t do it alone and I need some help. I know you can help me and I need my family closer to me. They need me to be closer to them. I told him that we will take care of him and his family and we will help. We are going to hold an online raffle to help raise funds to help him be with his family without ruining his credit, integrity, or honor that runs deep within this soldier. The funds that are raised will go to help bring this family together. If there are any funds left then he has asked that it be donated to our organization to help other soldiers and families just as we are helping his.
    Bushmaster XM15 E2S
    M4 Type Carbine – 16” Barrel
    .223 Caliber
    1 x 30 Round Magazine
    Bushmaster Waterproof and padded case
    Manual
    *Never been fired
    **6 boxes of Ammo included

Beretta Cx4 Storm
    Carbine
    .45 ACP Caliber
    2 x 8 Round Magazines
    Custom padded case
    Manuals and cleaning kit
    *Extremely clean cannot tell if this weapon
    Has been fired before.

The Entire Package

Welcome to Take a Soldier Fishing! <--- Go here to get a ticket number!!
    Rifle Raffle Rules and Guidelines – ONLINE PayPal or Credit Card ONLY

Combat Warrior Crisis Network, Inc reserves the right to refuse service, winnings, or anything deemed necessary to protect the public.

**This will be a Private transaction between two parties – Mike Nashif (Current owner) and the winner of the raffle.
    **The winner of the raffle must be a resident of the United States and 21 years of age or older. Winner needs to provide a valid ID showing proof of age and a copy of a utility bill proving address within the US.
    **This raffle is open to the Lower 48 states including Alaska – Void where prohibited.
    **Raffles are considered a form of Gambling therefore a receipt will not be issued for your donation.
    **Raffle ticket numbers will be given for a donation of $50 EACH
    **Each donation must be made ONLINE via PayPal or Credit Card transaction. The “Reason” or Description needs to say RAFFLE
    Each night, for the duration of the raffle, between 6PM and 9PM CST ticket numbers will be sent to the donors by the e-mail address provided in the order they were received.
    Multiple Ticket numbers can be had in $50 increments
    If you would like to just make a donation to support the cause please put DONATION for the description.
    SHIPPING – Within a 400 mile radius of Gatesville, Texas 76528, personal delivery arrangements will be made. Outside of the 400 mile radius, part of the proceeds will go to pay for shipping from one Certified Dealer to another.
    By participating in this raffle you agree that your intent is not for illegal activities and you are exercising your Right to Bear Arms. Once the transaction is complete, CWCN, Mike Nashif, or any persons involved in the distribution of these documents are Hereby Released of Liability for any wrong doing involving these weapons.
    Last edited by father of 4; 04-22-2009 at 10:12 PM.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Changed the wording when you send your money to ebay from rifle raffle to just raffle
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911