Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fish finder on a Pelican boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Default fish finder on a Pelican boat?

Has anybody ever put a fish finder on a Pelican boat? If so do you have any pics. I am going to be getting the Pelican 10E. I am just curious as to where you have it located/how you mounted it and if you used a bus bar to distribute the battery out. I already have the fish finder/tm/battery.

Post Thanks / Like

evins i also have a pelican 10e and love it as far as mounting the finder i mounted the transducer to the tolling motor and and the head unit i actually zippy tied it to the top of the trolling motor that way when i take the trolling motor off everything was off and protected instead of worring about ripping it off the bottom when dragging or loading the boat . and i just wired it right into the power leads on my trolling motor so when i hooked the power up for the troller also had power to the finder . if you need pics i can try to get you some up on here but can't make no promacies.... lol.

Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the idea, i would not have thought about putting the screen on the tm...good idea.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same boat, but use a portable hummingbird.It has a suction cup w/the transducer attached.Also has its own battery source so there isnt any interference from trolling motor, works pretty good

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bass tender boat and am considering a graph.Would mounting on the trolling motor the best spot? OR is there a chance of interference.I would hard wire to the main battery and mount screen on battery box cover (because the previous owner already drilled holes in lid) Also,any suggestions for an inexpensive graph that will last. Thank you for any responses.

Post Thanks / Like

i have a cuda on mine got it from walmart for around 80 dollors i think nice finder with temp and depth now it's no humminbird but it does the job on the little boat .
    and mine doesn't seem to have any interferance but i don't pay alot of attention to it cause i know the lake i fish pretty well mostly a temp and depth checker for me on that lake and haven't got to another lake with it yet lol.

Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland