Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Table Rock

Post Thanks / Like

Default Table Rock

Frustrated yesterday morning. Nice day and couldn't get out due to a physical ailment. Praise the Lord for immodium. 2:30 left the house to put in at Cape Fair. Stop at the Cenex. Out of minnows.
    On the water and rolling down the lake at 3:00. Get to Schoolhouse fish for 15 minutes and a lightening storm flared up. Take refuge under a dock for 1hr 45 minutes. Go back to Schoolhouse and fish for 1 1/2 hrs with no bites.
    Move to the back of the cove just north of Schoolhouse set a pole at 12 ft with two of the five minnow my Dad left in the boat from Friday. Bam, 14" 1lb 7oz Crappie. I'm a little happier. Dad caught a short one. 1/2 hr later bing a 12" Crappie. Short time later lost a goodun and five minutes after that another 14" Crappie. Sun was setting low behind the bluffs. I see a small tick on the single pole Beavertail. Thought is was a blue gill. The tip slowly moved towards the water. I set the hook. Get the net Dad is a @#$Q%@#$% pig.
    2 lbs 6 ounces. :D My personal best in Missouri. Didn't get any 10-12" eaters so no fish to bring home. She's still swimmin' fellers! Go get her.

Fish were 8 - 12ft over 15 - 35 ft of water. Outside the tree line. Look for shad and they'll be some around them.

I now have an incentive to get software to pull Dad's pictures off his camera.

G.
    Last edited by Kit Papermouth; 04-19-2009 at 08:30 AM. Reason: forgot the camera part
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

cool beans there KIT. what about that vibration. you forgot to get back to me. I sit up and worried all night, he he not. glad ya'll had a decent day, soon real soon i think maby,

later man .

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a few good pigs after all it took to get on them.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your 2.6# How long was she?

Post Thanks / Like

WTG, Kit. Sounds like a funfilled time. Watch out for that lightning tho.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to stick it out Kit, I have done that before and it can make a really long day! Sounds like you got into them, Good job!
    DID YOU SEE THAT IT HAD TA BE A STATE RECORD!!!

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time Kit.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

2 pound 6 ounce, that would make it all worth it to me. Congrats Kit. Hope to meet you someday.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Kit and Dad. That was a hog!
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WantinCrappie View Post
    2 pound 6 ounce, that would make it all worth it to me. Congrats Kit. Hope to meet you someday.
    x2 and to you too WantinCrappie
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast