Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing in Ste. Gen county

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing in Ste. Gen county

I took a few days vacation and my husband and I headed to our cabin in Ste. Gen county. We fished late Wednesday and Thursday (had to do chores - leaves, leaves, leaves) and then from 2-8 yesterday. The crappie were scattered - we caught a lot of small crappie and during the late hours caught larger ones closer to the shore. Used curly tail jigs tipped with a crappie nibbler and sprayed with garlic... best color was chart tail with a red/black body. Kept about 30 each day. Had a fish fry Thursday night - nothing like fresh fish!

Post Thanks / Like

be still my heart nice post. been awhile for me. probably not much can beat a good mess of fresh fried fish and camping. love it, many more days like that to ya.

Post Thanks / Like

So, Crappiemrs....did you use the SlabBusters and out-fish the hubby? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Good Job on the fish....glad you got to 'em.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great couple of days. Glad to hear you got into them.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

JoeDog,
    I tried the SlabBusters but my husband was catching more fish so I switched to the 2" curly tail (I think from Southern Pro...). Dying to go fishing this coming weekend as the temps are looking great but will have to wait until the following week. Husband is a blues musician and doing a little tour to KC, Iowa and Nebraska Thurs, Fri, Sat....

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good time.

Post Thanks / Like

Where is he playin' in KC? My wife and I love the blues!