Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rhodhiss

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rhodhiss

Seems like Rhodhiss is doing about alot of the same as some of the other lakes are doing. Went am and pm yesterday only one in the boat. This morning beatuifl cold ride up the lake. Nothing on the banks much yet. People that I have spoken with are catching most on jigs 6-10 feet water. Think I will go rig up for some night stalking tonight, will let you know how it goes.:D
    Difference between day and night: Day= one rod, one jig/Night= Many rods & a bucket full of minners

Post Thanks / Like

They are way off the banks in 16 -22 feet of water. Use curly tail grub in dark color. Most of the ones I caught yesterday and today were over submerged brush about 35 feet from the bank at 18 feet. I fished with 1/16 and just slowly reeled off the bottom between 2 of us we caught 60 today from 7am till 12pm only keeping 8 since most were small.
    Early to bed…early to rise…fish all day…make up lies.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info! Tryed a short night stalk sat night on a new spot I found. Only caught 4 and was in about 26' water marking fish at about 12'. Just getting back into fishing like the way I like to [ as much as possible] Will try what you suggested. Thanks again!!!:D
    Difference between day and night: Day= one rod, one jig/Night= Many rods & a bucket full of minners

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rhodhiss

We opted for Rhodhiss instead of HighRock,Sat and had about the same results as everybody.Caught 12 crappie most very nice fish.We found them on blowdowns about halfway back the tree.Sure wish the weather would get right for the spawn.We saw males that had just came up[based on there color] and females that were holding eggs and had been there a little longer.We are planning to go to Buggs next weekend I hope we get some warm weather.

eddieb is offline Keeper - Sponsor * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Rhoadhiss

Wentto Rhodhiss Friday,we caught a little of everthing,my friend and I caught 12 crappie,4 green carp,7 rockbass,and 2 bluegills,I used minnos and he used blue &silver tubes,most in 6 t0 15 feet,best day in awhile

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe, just maybe they are waiting for me to come back home from China. I will be on the lake Friday if the Lord is willing. Hopefully they will bite, but no matter I will be fishing and not working 12-14 hour days in China....! See you soon.

Post Thanks / Like

i caught a ton of em this afternoon, but they were small. biggest was 10 inches. kept 7 for the freezer. i dont need no more than that. all on minners except for one dink on a jig while i was foolin around. 10 to 12 ft deep most of the evening. over 20 ft of water. 15 ft early in the afternoon untill about 4 oclock. nothing in the brush, but honestly i didnt give it much try cause i just dont like fishin in the trees that much. water temp was 62. where i found them they bit like crazy. just couldnt find any bigguns. hopefully theyll be around soon. im starting to worry. chugbug get back home soon and safe ........

Post Thanks / Like

Took the day off from rhodhiss, and went down to hickory in the rain. Tried doing some drifting around bethlhem marina shores, not much action except somethig big got away, probly green carp-oh well:rolleyes: Am going to try to get out as much as possible this week after taking care of the chores , getting the bomber in shape and re supplied on some stuff! Hope we all have good luck in the days and nights to come:D

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck spot. Keep us posted.