Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jordan 4/16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jordan 4/16

Decided today was the day for me to try to learn jig fishing. Used C&C rig, double tubes, Chiefs big fdish color mostly, but just about anything with chartrues. Caught 14 in a row in maybe 2 hr span. Then 1 once in awile. Ended up I caught total og 27 and partner using minnows only caught about 10. Wind was fierce as usual. Found fish scattered, Caught em in 4ft to 10 ft. Only brought 6 home to eat, all of em full of eggs. No real big ones, mostly 9 to 13''. I was pleased with jigs and gonna keep at it cause theres still so much more to learn. Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks/ Run into another member couldnt really hear him for wind going thru my ears but he was tearing em up longlining. He probably had 50 or 60, longlining. Its kinda hard for me to try longlining and my partner fish minnows tighlining at 1.5 mph. No crowds on water today but watch out Saturday. Fish seemed to start biting again pretty good when I left at 4;30.
    ENOMAN:D

Post Thanks / Like

Check the reg's butI believe there is a 10" minimum on Jordan and a creel limit. TD

Post Thanks / Like

If you read you will see I only kept 6 and I dont keep nothing under 12'', thats my personal limit
    ENOMAN:D

Post Thanks / Like

Cheaper and more fun than minnows, aren't they John?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Decided today was the day for me to try to learn jig fishing. Used C&C rig, double tubes, Chiefs big fdish color mostly, but just about anything with chartrues. Caught 14 in a row in maybe 2 hr span. Then 1 once in awile. Ended up I caught total og 27 and partner using minnows only caught about 10. Wind was fierce as usual. Found fish scattered, Caught em in 4ft to 10 ft. Only brought 6 home to eat, all of em full of eggs. No real big ones, mostly 9 to 13''. I was pleased with jigs and gonna keep at it cause theres still so much more to learn. Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks/ Run into another member couldnt really hear him for wind going thru my ears but he was tearing em up longlining. He probably had 50 or 60, longlining. Its kinda hard for me to try longlining and my partner fish minnows tighlining at 1.5 mph. No crowds on water today but watch out Saturday. Fish seemed to start biting again pretty good when I left at 4;30.
    Those jigs will definitely hook ya. Cheaper than minnows and a little crazy glue makes them go a long way.
    Cumberland Crappie LLC
    Rod Holders, Double Seat Mounts and other Accessories
    http://www.cumberlandcrappie.com
    Phone (606) 425-7151
    Poplar Lures Pro Staff
    http://www.poplarlures.com