Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tillery 4/12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tillery 4/12

Got out a little late Sunday morning. What's with these water temps 57/58, we need a week in the 80's!!! Water was pretty clear below Swift Island. I did notice a stain in the main river above the Swift Island Creek. Put in at Swift Island, picked up a nice 15" crappie off a dock in 5 feet of water. Not another one near that dock however. Tried trolling the break line in 12/15 feet in that area, nothing. Fished down river in some of my honey holes, still nothing. Left out by noon, the Easter festivities were about to get under way. Spent the rest of the day at a friends house on High Rock, didn't even bother taking a rod!
    I only fish the two best days of the year, when its raining and when its not!

Post Thanks / Like

Won't be long.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Got one nice'un anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tillery 4/10

I was there on Friday and had about the same luck or no luck I guess you could say. We fished from 7:00am till 12:00 and didn't have a single crappie. Ended up with two small green carp and 2 white perch. Fished jigs, minners, jigs tipped with minners, fished docks, ledges, laps and points. l Tried everything but nada. Yeah I don't know whats up with the water temp I couuldn't belive my eyes when we put the boat in and it said 57. Guess those couple of cold nights made it drop. Talked to another fellow crappier that was trolling and he wasn't doing anything either. Maybe next weekend.
    Always find a way to fish!