PDA

View Full Version : new line worked, pics

slabsrus
04-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Well this summer I have been set up with some new line. I am trying various types of Vicious Fishing line and so far so good. Went out with my son yesterday for a couple hours for to try one of our regular spots for the first time this season and managed to land a few decent fish. Using Vicious Panfish in high vis yellow 4lb and clear 4lb. We tried several jig and plastic combos until we hit with the magic combo of orange 1/64 oz jig with a chartreuse Berkley Live Fish Fry. Going again shortly to a different lake. Will hopefully post pics of todays catch soon. Good luck to all and happy fishing.

PawPaw "gene"
04-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Good catch slabrus, and I'm glad the new line is working out for you. I've spooled a couple of my poles with Vicious Panfish 4# clear and I like it a lot. After a few more trips to prove it out I will probably convert all my poles to Vicious. Thanks for the report and the pictures. Now keep that boy smiling.

"gene"

ga.crappie&breamguy
04-13-2009, 01:49 PM
great looking mess of fish. tell me what your are fishing out of is that a kayak and how do you like it? been thinking about getting one if it is a kayak. also were did you get that line from

laserdoc
04-13-2009, 02:23 PM
I have vicious on all my poles and really like the yellow hi vis. I have it on my dock rods as well at the Hi vis really helps. I may have laser jigs but I don't have laser eyes!!:)

ad1974
04-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Nice pics....I have been using the 6lb. Hi Vis Vicious line and like it alot,maybe not as strong as the Mr. Crappie 6 lb. hi vis line but much more managable.

bc1448
04-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Nice fish and pics. Congrats to you and your son!
Blake

skeeter
04-13-2009, 05:33 PM
how does that line do on the mini spools on the ultralight reels? does it have mem issues?

laserdoc
04-13-2009, 05:56 PM
how does that line do on the mini spools on the ultralight reels? does it have mem issues? I do but not the line:eek:

slabsrus
04-15-2009, 09:50 AM
some minor memory issues skeeter, just can not over spool them then it is fine.