Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tough fishing on the Alabama River

Post Thanks / Like

Question Tough fishing on the Alabama River

Fishing has been very tough on the ALriver here lately (past month). The water has been up and down with a very unwelcomed rainy month of March/April. River was above flood stage for several days the last two weeks, but has dropped out now. The water is still kinda muddy but not too too bad. We have caught a pretty good number of crappie on each trip out, but hardly any of them keepers. Anybody got any idea of what is going on, have we missed the good times because of the high water or are the best time yet to come. Any ideas??
    FISH ON!!

Post Thanks / Like

It,s been off at guntersville to a extent due to rain & cold temps all the ones we,ve been catching are full of eggs.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pretty Good Weekend around Robert F Henry

My uncle caught 12 or 13 on Friday Biggest being around 2.5 pounds and 9 Keepers all together. Together we caught 6 Keepers on Saturday Biggest being around 2.5-3.0 pounds. Quit biting around luch and really never started back. All females were full of eggs and caught in about 10-15 foot of water. Males were more shallow guarding nests I guess. I will post pictures soon.

Post Thanks / Like

All of this rain has got to stop before the river fishing improves. All the ups and downs in water levels has messed things up pretty good. Don't know where you're fishing, but Swift Creek area is usually pretty good.
    GET THE NET HAROLD, GET THE NET!!

Post Thanks / Like

Swift Creek is usually pretty good for most folks but I dont have much luck there. Do you know if its the front of the creek the back or somewhere in the middle that is so productive. Only caught a handfull of fish in there.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that you guys should be appreciative of the rain we are getting all over the South. This is going to really help out all the lakes that have been hard hit in the drought the last few years as well as the ground water levels that will benefit trees and such.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah well the rain is good to be able to get in lakes and back water, but it is nothing nice when then river stays above flood stage for days at a time for the majority of march and now the first weeks of april....not so good for the ole crappie fishing.
    FISH ON!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Swamp Creek

I don't know where you are fishin on the alabama river, but yesterday I wore them out in Big Swamp Creek, its between Camden and Selma. We keep 56 slabs and I mean SLABS. THey were on the banks. last weekend we caught 52 at Big Swamp.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast