Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Words turning blue with 2 lines under them?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Words turning blue with 2 lines under them?

Has anyone noticed certain words in a post turning blue with 2 lines under them? It may just be my computer. It only happens on this forum and almost every post I read has them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slipped Cork View Post
    Has anyone noticed certain words in a post turning blue with 2 lines under them? It may just be my computer. It only happens on this forum and almost every post I read has them.
    There it is on my post.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol its the new search feature yall have accidently downloaded with a windows update..
    For the love of Kids and FISHING!

Post Thanks / Like

No, I'm seeing it, too. It looks like that ad software is back.

It is annoying.

Post Thanks / Like

seriously guys its a new windows update ..i will research the # if you want to get rid of it all u have to do is uninstall the update... do you guys have the little retarted magnifying glass looking icon near the time and date on the bottom right hand of your monitor? that is the search program
    Sorry ..Computers are what i went to school for...and now im running a damn trucking comany lol...cant stand being stuck in front of these things to long now..
    For the love of Kids and FISHING!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
    seriously guys its a new windows update ..i will research the # if you want to get rid of it all u have to do is uninstall the update... do you guys have the little retarted magnifying glass looking icon near the time and date on the bottom right hand of your monitor? that is the search program
    Sorry ..Computers are what i went to school for...and now im running a damn trucking comany lol...cant stand being stuck in front of these things to long now..
    Ok computer guru/genius how do I go about getting rid of this? :o It dont bother me that much but I want it gone!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
    No magnifying glass on mine and I see them.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Internet Advertising | Ad Exchange | ADSDAQ

The ads are from there, not an update. If they are from a Microsoft update then I will bet we have means for the largest class action lawsuit ever filed.

I don't care that they are there and was probably either an accident or done for a reason unless the server did it.

With the added problems with pm's I would lean to there being a server error causing it or intentional by the host server company.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Well ...

MY computer is as updated as it gets .... and I don't see any "blue" lines or words, nor do I see any magnifying glass icon in my monitor's lower border.

Of course, I'm on the "no ad" Crappie.com listing. I see no Google ads on the left border, no ads at the bottom of the thread screen ... my whole 20" monitor is filled with just the message section.

There was a discussion about this very thing, awhile back. I think it was determined that the Google ads had a search feature that looked for key words, or maybe just the programming used had a search feature that looked for key words, then highlighted them (making them links to definitions & further ad links). Same thing you see on Wikipedia.

Here's the post that Ed put out, about the "cure" for the Google ads (and it seems to have removed the "blue" word problem, too ... at least for me it has) :

(copied)
    Finally - I set up a separate Board Style with no ads.

I have been listening. Some of you do not like all the google ads on the boards. It slows you down, and just interferes with all the fun. But to me, it's a necessary evil. Those goofy google ads are a big source of income. The sponsors at the top of the page provide prizes that I give away on the site, but google ads make me some money to help pay for the hosting costs.

Anyway, NOW you will be able to sign up and not get view any of those google ads. You will have to sign up in the Crappie.com Business Directory, and I will add you to the new Style. Sorry, but it will cost the basic listing rate of $9.95, I don't think that too much, otherwise you can simply view the ads.

Compare Memberships | Become a supporting Crappie.com Member

To sign up it's a two step process. You have to create a member login, yes another one (but use the same name as on the board please), and then you can add a listing.

If you sign up for the Basic $9.95 listing, you'll not see the google ads, if you sign up for the $49.95 listing I'll add sponsor to your Title on the board.

I really only created this to improve the site guys. You all are great, and if you don't want to see the google ads, and if you want to support the site, please sign up.

Hope this helps, and thanks as always for your participation on this great site.

Oh, all moderators will automatically get the ad free view.

If you want to be ad free & blue word search function free .... contact "Slab" by PM, and discuss your options/preferrences

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I dont have a problem with the google ads, just curious why certain search words are highlighted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast