Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Morning

Post Thanks / Like

Default This Morning

HV and out snuck out before work today. Got on the water about 6:30 and fished till just before 9. The water is COLD... 48 in the little bull. Bite was ok this morning, nothing great but enough to keep us paying attention... Kept 12 ranging from 10 - 12 1/2. As usual they shut off like a switch right around 8 am and we couldn't find a bump.... Nice morning other than I put the Plug in the wrong hole in the boat. and managed to fill the boat half full of water. You just feel like a horse -ss when you do something like that to someone elses boat... No worse for the wear though, we fished till the phones started ringing then headed home...
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It was so nice I think we'll do it twice!!:D Heading back out this afternoon.
    LIFE’S TOO SHORT TO FISH WITHOUT BEER

Post Thanks / Like

How did you guys do this afternoon...We hit La Cygne this morning with no luck at all. Left at 11:30 and went to Hillsdale where you saw us under the bridge...Actually did ok with 14 keepers and 27 total in 4 1/2 hrs. I was surprised to find fish still that deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Chad,

Sorry we didn't get to talk much, we also ran into BA and Lucky. The fishing was slow to fair. We ended up cleaning 20 and giving 4 to BA for a total of 24 keepers. Only threw back 10 to 15 which was a lot less than normal. Sounds like a normal Hillsdale day... How was the spot we saw you at, most guys have not had to much luck there this year?

N
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I envy you guys and your back yard pond ...glad to see you 2 get out and get a line wet!

Hows the new depth finder working out Jeff? Sure would like to see it in action sometime soon....
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the fish guys....My wife is always suspicious when I come home with glitter on my face and no fish. I managed a couple keepers....lost a nice one at the boat. Threw back a lot of shorts. Best outing of the year. Enjoyed cleaning fish at home for the first time in 09.

Water temp had warmed to 51.something by evening...Hopefully the trend continues.....

I'm headed to Indiana next week for work....gonna try to hit it hard on Saturday.

BA
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post
    I envy you guys and your back yard pond ...glad to see you 2 get out and get a line wet!

Hows the new depth finder working out Jeff? Sure would like to see it in action sometime soon....
    I am not sure yet. I have found no value as of yet at Hillsdale. Where I am hoping it helps is lakes like Fall River and or fishing some of the rivers. The screen is small and I have not been able to play with it enough to really find a benefit. I am hoping to come down the 18th and 19th if the weather will allow. If so I will give you a call.

Post Thanks / Like

It was good seeing everyone out fishing yesterday. Like Nick said we caught a few and and there was no pattern to be found. Most were caught on jigs and although we used about every color in the tackle box it seemed you were only allowed 1 fish per color. Minnows on gold hook, minnows on jig, minnows under bobber, minnows tight line. It was a beautiful day and it ended with that giant moon.

Post Thanks / Like

Nick, the bridge produced all but 2 of our fish yesterday. We caught most right where you saw us in the deepest part. I have always done better on the inside of the pillars, so that was new for me. We tried many other spots including where you were when we left. We only caught one there. For us 2" black and pink beavertails caught more fish than anything. I did not get one bite on a minnows and my dad caught a couple on slabslayers.

Post Thanks / Like

Huge Thanks to Wknd Warrior for putting me on a few late afternoon slabs. We found some deep over brush and got 11 keepers from about 7-8:00pm. Pink was the hot color for us yesterday.

Good to say 'hi' to everyone again; BA, HV & Duckman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast