Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need small zip-seal odorproof plastic bags

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need small zip-seal odorproof plastic bags

I haven't been able to find a source for small (1.5x1.5" to 3x3") ziplock-type plastic bags that seal in odor. If you bought any of the Tackle Logic plastic worm bags, you know what I'm talking about. They are made of a different material than the polyethylene used in sandwich bags, with a 3/8" weld around the edges. Polyethylene, by contrast, is scent-permeable, and if you put a scented lure in one, the scent will leach out through the bag over time.

The Tackle Logic bags were never made in small sizes, and I can't even locate the company if it still exists. I just spent forty minutes trying to locate a source for small odorproof zip-seal bags on the Internet, but no luck. Anybody know where such bags can be found?

Post Thanks / Like

Default bags

I dont know what to tell you. I just use thick poly bags but dont add scent, to messy. I got my bags from mcmaster Carr. They do add different things to the poly for different applications. You best bet is to find out what type of plastic it is then search. You may want to call a bag place like national bag. Good luck, id be interested to hear what you find out.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know what you are talking about with that Tackle Logic bag as I have never used that, but I use some ZIPPIT bags and they are different than poly bags, but don't know about scent proof?

I have also some poly bags and the difference is easy to tell.
    Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

You might check w/ Uline.com. That's what we use for our soil samples that we send into the lab.

Post Thanks / Like

Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

check at Janns Netcraft

Zip Lock Poly Bags, Small Zip Lock Poly Bags

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Small zip-lock that is odor proof, I would be scared to buy them. Bet you would be on the DEA's watch list.. This Bag sounds like a dope mans dream.

There is an office supply store here that sells small zip locks. The sheriffs departmant keeps tabs on who buys them.

Post Thanks / Like

Ted, you nailed it! The smallest size at LureCraft is 4x4, but that's smaller than I've seen anywhere else, and the laminated edges are what I've seen on the type of bag I'm looking for.

The Uline company has some cello-type bags that might work, but the minimum order would be 1000 for $26.

The bags Netcraft sells are the wrong type. To keep the attractant scent in, one needs the stiffer plastic material, the kind that makes noise when you bend it, like the bags that Berkley Powerbait comes in. I didn't see that kind at McMaster Carr or Zippit, and if National Bag had them, they can only be ordered in expensive 1000 lots.

Thanks to all who took the time to respond. Let's hope that one can buy these without triggering a stake-out!
    Last edited by split handle; 04-08-2009 at 11:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Do not know about the scent part but you can find small plastic bags at craft stroes. Bagettes, the name of some at Michaels-Arts and Crafts.
    Today is a great day