Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April Missouri Conservationist

Post Thanks / Like

Default April Missouri Conservationist

JUST LOOKING THROUGH MY NEW APRIL ISSUE, FINALLY A LITTLE BIT ABOUT CRAPPIE FISHING, JIM U GUYS UP BY JEFFERSON CITY NEED TO FISH BINDER LAKE...... CHECK OUT THE ARTICLES ON CAT FISHING, AND CHECK OUT THE SIZE OF SOME OF THEM TIRES THE GAME WARDENS FOUND FOR NOODLYIN CATFISH.......I FOR ONE AIN'T STICKING MY HAND IN THAT HOLE....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

i've fished binder with little success. it is probably me. i did catch a big crappie in there once but it is very hit and miss. i think i caught 3 that day. i caught one last saturday. i've just never had much luck there. it is a nice lake. the boat launch is the worst i've ever seen. it is nice and new but is at about a 45 degree angle. very much a pain in the butt. my boat didn't want to run because the waves saturday kept splashing up in the exhaust and the aft of my boat took in a lot of water because the launch sucks so bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    JUST LOOKING THROUGH MY NEW APRIL ISSUE, FINALLY A LITTLE BIT ABOUT CRAPPIE FISHING, JIM U GUYS UP BY JEFFERSON CITY NEED TO FISH BINDER LAKE...... CHECK OUT THE ARTICLES ON CAT FISHING, AND CHECK OUT THE SIZE OF SOME OF THEM TIRES THE GAME WARDENS FOUND FOR NOODLYIN CATFISH.......I FOR ONE AIN'T STICKING MY HAND IN THAT HOLE....
    Hey there stranger. I just got done reading the conservationist and logged on there you are talking about it. Yeah, that is a lot of tractor tires to pull out of the water. I for one did not know that it is illegal in Missouri to noodle. Of course I have nothing to worry about because you won't find me sticking my arm down in one of those anyway.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

The tires and stuff were amazing. Why would someone want to stick their hand in a dark place not knowing what might come of it? Kind of crazy when you consider how good a mess of fried crappie are.

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Forget NOODLING I will not stick my hand in a hole to see what will bite it! I Know a bunch of guys backhome that do that stuff one guy uses his foot you should see it a calus ring around his foot screw that! I'll stick to line and pole, maybe yo-yo's if I can find enough brush sticking out of the water!
    Ron
    DID YOU SEE THAT IT HAD TA BE A STATE RECORD!!!

Post Thanks / Like

(from what i was told))))when i was somewhat younger you could spot the OLD TIMERS who practiced the art of noodling/fish wrestling,,,, by looking at their for-arms from the wrist to the elbow,,,,the long scratches told everything,,,,even to the point that SOME didnt have the nerve to hold still when mr./mrs. smooth skin clamped down,,,,,,,,
    what was it that Jerry glower said,,,,SHOOT IN HERE ,,SOME ONE HERE NEEDS RELIEF
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

in our wilder days a friend of mine and I tried it we didnt find any fish, but we were prepared we were wearing firefighting gloves that go up way past the elbow...i think it would have worked slick if we knew which holes to reach in, and when.

Post Thanks / Like

of course i dont know if we would have been able to handle getting ahold of a pig like this one we caught last year
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Damn nice cat,I wouldn't stick my arm in the mouth of that dude.

Post Thanks / Like

I have done it. no big deal you just got to be tough. now I am not saying you guys aint tough. you just got to be tough to do it. crazy dont hurt either

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast