Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The "Story"

Post Thanks / Like

Default The "Story"

Friday,,, went out with Pakman to prefish for Jeff's tourney. Went up Coon Creek and dipped trees all the way,,,notta bite. Knowing that the wind was gonna blow hard outa the SE Saturday,,, started looking for crappies that could be caught outa the wind. Moved down a bank that Deer Creek huggs, slow trolling minners and pitching jigs up to the shallows. Water temps in the upper 40's so we stayed out in 6 to 12ft fishing about 6ft down. As we got to the point, my minner rig bumped, After I put my 14ft dipping rod down to pick up the minner rig,,, it came back to my hand. I picked it up and the drag squalled. This was not a crappie:D:D. It was a hybird & it took me anywhere it wanted to. After a few minutes, I got it in, to both of us laughing. Moved around the point and Pakman hammers a 12incher,,,CRAPPIE!!!! Slow trolled around some more and he caught more. I caught one and then another hybird but a smaller one. Saturday, on the water with Bob(I think that's his name:D) and fished a road bed offa the Wakarusa, nota bite. Fought the waves and headed to where Pakman caughtem. It wasn't any better for bites but the sun started peaking-out and Bob made some very good ham samiches. After the lunch, started slow trolling and gettin hung up often. I had given up on any shallow fish and Bob still was dipping stumps. Both my rods had the 'grizzly jigs' minner rigs on with fresh lively ones on. I hadn't put a rod rack on my side, so at times one or both rods were just laying on the deck. Got hung up on one and as I was freeing it,,, the other rod torpedo's offa the deck. Thankyou 'Crappie Pro' & Leland for making a rod that floats. Yesser, Ima on the trolling motor chasing a cork handle bobbing away. Ole Bob & me were laughing uncontrolably tracking down the rod. We get close and Bob reaches for it. GOT IT!!!! Fish still on & I landed it. O Ya, we were seen by others and they had no idea just what had happen. Well its out,,, my secret hybird tactic is known by all:D:D:D We both were almost in tears when reality came back as I was bent over picking up the trolling motor when we hit a stump and I thought my 'anual dip' was gonna be early this year. Bob had a 'near-miss' too. Fun day on the water with Bob and wanna do more. OK, that's my story,,, what's yours??? <*)}}}><
    Last edited by Crappie Chatt; 04-07-2009 at 09:27 AM.
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

now that is one heck of a story buddy. would of love to have seen that one first hand. if only you guy's were being recorded. i can hear the laughing from my house. sound's like a fun time and glad you were able to retrieve your rod chatt! glad it turned out the way it did:D oh and i don't have a story but if the weather would turn this week i am wanting to make one while i'm still feeling good! we will see what mother nature has to bring us.
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was in the vicinity of Chatt and Pacman Friday. We saw something truly incredible. 2 toms in full strut with 40 yards of the boats. There were hens and another tom on top of the ridge...we watched them for 20 minutes..maybe more. They didn't give a hoot that we were there...Definitely had other things on their minds:rolleyes: But it was one of my top 5 nature moments....Truly awesome.
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser

Post Thanks / Like

KC Slabs and I had a nice nature moment on friday. We went way up rock creek (where didn't we go that day?), anyway there was an active Bald Eagle nest up there and we watched at fairly close range for a while. One eagle circled us for a while, we decided to leave them be - that and we were on to our next spot to NOT get bit...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Chatt - Pro Hybrid Guide

Chatt probably won't tell you, but he's a great Hybrid Guide. Anyone wanting to get on those hard fighters, call Chatt, he'll lead you to them!

Had a great time fishing with Chatt friday, we did'nt kill em, but we caught a few and he introduced me to spider rigging. Like everyone says, it's a laugh a minute when your on the boat with Chatt. Hope to do again sometime.

JP:D