Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just got back from monroe

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just got back from monroe

Went to monroe wed-sat kids on spring break. Fished wed thurs with kids and wife caught 20 nice fish 9-12 inches from our pontoon boat lots of small ones. Went saturday by myself in my small boat caught 25 10-14 inches but had to work at it with my 10 foot long rod. Bigger fish were deep in cover in about 9 foot of water close to main tree trunk were a big branch took off. Most fish were males only 4 females. Lots of fun, water temp 54-57 water stained fished north of causway.
    japayton6----:p

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by japayton6 View Post
    Went to monroe wed-sat kids on spring break. Fished wed thurs with kids and wife caught 20 nice fish 9-12 inches from our pontoon boat lots of small ones. Went saturday by myself in my small boat caught 25 10-14 inches but had to work at it with my 10 foot long rod. Bigger fish were deep in cover in about 9 foot of water close to main tree trunk were a big branch took off. Most fish were males only 4 females. Lots of fun, water temp 54-57 water stained fished north of causway.
    The males go on the hunt for nesting spot, the females will soon follow get ready here they come
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

Jaypay, we had 1 1/2 inches of rain in the headwaters of Monroe. Did you get into any really muddy water or still where slightly stained? People tell me they catch crappie in the really muddy water...eg dropping jigs in flooded brush ect...but I am not much of a crappie fisherman...mostly a bluegiller...and I don't like to fish muddy water unless going after catfish. It may not have reached where you fished...but it is moving down the lake for sure. I took my wife out Sat afternoon, and we caught a lot of fish and saw a lot of fish being caught, but didn't see anybody pulling in a keeper. Saw a couple guys long line trolling jigs, and they were pulling in 4 at a time some times. They only had one keeper in the boat. I think you did really well. Were you using minnows?
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

Default water not to bad

I fished first creek north of cutrite water not to muddy just stained. Will be goin back later this week after cold snap is over.
    japayton6----:p

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch there Jimbo sounds like u and the kids had fun! I am ready buddy, call me when u plan on going again and maybe I can sneek down there with ya!

Post Thanks / Like

going to monroe thursday the 16th for crappie wheres a good place to start were newbies

Post Thanks / Like

If I were you I would start on the cutright ramp side and head back towards the creek arms. That side of the lake usually warms up the quickest and fish are easy to find in pre-spawn mode

Good Luck