Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Shady Side

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shady Side

Shady Side is a very small lake. More of a pond on steroids. It is located in Anderson, IN just down the road from Anderson University. Me and my buddy Luke hit it early yesterday. Used live minnows all day and by about noon we had 33 black and whites in the basket. It is small but I find it to be a good crappie spot. Although it does seem do recieve a fair amount of pressure, I still would find it a worthy trip everytime. Especially since I live purty close. Sorry no pics.

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spritemaster View Post
    Shady Side is a very small lake. More of a pond on steroids. It is located in Anderson, IN just down the road from Anderson University. Me and my buddy Luke hit it early yesterday. Used live minnows all day and by about noon we had 33 black and whites in the basket. It is small but I find it to be a good crappie spot. Although it does seem do recieve a fair amount of pressure, I still would find it a worthy trip everytime. Especially since I live purty close. Sorry no pics.
    My kids grew up in Anderson, and played ball at Shady Side.
    Nice to hear that you did good at the lake.......if it is on steroids
    you better believe there are lot of lunkers in there
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

I was mainly refering to the size of it. You know like a large pond? But I did see a guy bass fishing while we were there, he never got anything. Everyone that I saw was bringin in crappie. We stayed purty busy though. They were biting constantly for us. From 730 til bout 2. Very good day I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Dont give away all your secrets!
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Ya it was a pretty good trip wasnt it Blake. I told you we would get on some good crappie! It was a little cold to start out with, but the wind stayed down for the most part so we had it made. And it is a lake, we just never got to the bigger end of it. Why move if we are constantly hitting fish?!Good times, hope to get out again soon!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Totally Luke. I have been waitin to hear from you on here. Dude I have been tyin up some sick flies. Can't wait to use em. I think I want to take my boat out on Shady Side so that if my motor still aint wantin to cooperate then my trolling motor will still be plenty to get us around for the day.