Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everhardt's grand opening

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Everhardt's grand opening

Lots of good deals going on today. I met Jack Stevens owner of slabbusters. Super nice guy. Talked to him about some new color combos he was thinking about. And suggested some others to him that have been hot on Truman. Blk/yellow being one I would like to see. Also spent some time talking to JR Oldham with Outlaw rods. He is a guide on Stockton and a Natioal feild rep with Outdoor Channel Outfitters. Good time talking to these guys and others. Also talked to a rep from Suffix about different sizes of the braid in the orange color. They are going to start stocking some more crappie friendly sizes. If anybody is out and about in the Clinton area you should stop in and check out the deals.

Post Thanks / Like

Everharts used to carry a jig head that had a single, plastic stick guard coming out, that then "y'd" at the end above the point of the hook. Its been years since I have been up there, but I was wondering if they still had those. We would drive all the way up there for them, as it was the only place we ever found them. I ran out last year, and have lost a LOT of jigs since. They were the best thing I ever found for finesseing through structure w/out losing your jig. Do they still have these? Thanks, Lee

Post Thanks / Like

I am in there a few days a week. So I will look for you. They call that a weedless Y guard. They have two different people making jigs for them now. I can find out if they can get them as I have not seen them there. If so I can get some sent to you. But it would be worth your drive up here to see the new store. I seen end of the week on one of the other boards not sure which one that some one was making and selling them. Do a search and see what you can find. There are lots of good deals to be had right here on Crappie.com. I will let you know what I find out.

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate it. Its been a good 7-8 yrs since I have been there. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

It is out on the HWY across from the hospital now. Which is way to close to where I work and it opens earlier which is about the same time I get off work most days. Not good combination.

Post Thanks / Like

Must have just missed ya bud! I got there around 740 and hung out. But a couple things that I really needed (HA I have enough stuff to open my own store!). Hit me up some time Jared well get out and catch a couple fish that is if the weather ever starts actin somewhat normal.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Brother-in-law and I was going to stop on the way home from WC, but the parking lot was full. No place to park the boat
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

It's not the same Everhardt's you know, pretty close though. Different owners. Not to say that is a bad thing, lotta good stuff and more. And they try to keep their prices in line. The original folks sold the name and business.
    Gotta say the state and city hosed them big time on access off the highway.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

do they still carry trapping supplies?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grand Opening

We stopped by after cleaning fish to check out what deals there were, and I think I let JR talk me in to trying out some of his Outlaw rods. I use Wally Marshall and B&M 12ft. rods. Does anybody use Outlaw and how do you like them ? Also seen an 8 year old boy wiegh in a 27lb. turkey. What a bird.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast