Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Shallow or deep???

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Shallow or deep???

This weekends tournament is going to be a wild one with the front coming in friday. I think it could be a interesting tournament in trying to find the fish and good luck to all the teams fishing on sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Default That is a good question!

We started shallow the last tournament, if we had stayed shallow we wouln't have had 3 of our fish we weighed in. Big fish of the tournament was caught by White and Bruner at the mouth of a deep cove. I think a team can get a good bag either way, just depends how they like to fish.

Starvin

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, last week there were plenty of fish caught both ways, and that was a much bigger drop in temp in a 24 hour period. At least they are forecasting 50s for Friday and back to the 60s by Saturday and Sunday. I agree with Starvin. Fish the way you like to fish. There are always plenty of fish both shallow and deep at East Fork. Just gotta find 7 of them that will eat. I'll be out Saturday to make sure though. Not going in blind this week.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, can be anywhere. If its sunny , they may move to the surface to warmer water. Caught them in times like this 10-12 inches down over 10-15 fow following shad. Don't always troll, F-N-F when needed.

Post Thanks / Like

as long as we don't get a high pressure system with blue bird skies the bite will be good.we caught all our fish shallow last week.

Post Thanks / Like

We've caught almost every fish since November shallow except this past week. Once the trolling motor broke I couldn't control the boat in the wind enough to fish where and how we wanted to and we ended up fishing deep and slow....two things I hate to do. I fixed the TM today, thanks to Rod at the Trolling Motor Shop ( a $55 control board in the pedal), so it should be all good this week. I'm thinking we double last week's total.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

littleE...don't let them fool you there best one's came 7-12 ft...
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

For numbers, I would think they would be suspended 6'-8' deep over deeper water.
    I do think some fish will be almost anywhere. If you find the right shallow spot, it could be hot.

Post Thanks / Like

i did pretty well shallow today in muddy water for the short amount of time i was able to stay out, threw em all back for you guys tomorrow. have fun and be safe out there, lots of debris, and large chunks of trees floating around, God bless

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13